[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

displayport is shit

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: Displayport-cable.jpg (3KB, 150x91px) Image search: [Google]
Displayport-cable.jpg
3KB, 150x91px
Anyone else have issues with DisplayPort causing black screens of death and "system failure due to overclock or voltage failures? Never have this issue when using DVI or HDMI. Also seems to be causing what I know is a stable overclock to not stick upon exiting BIOS. I'm gonna update the BIOS and CMOS battery, but what the fuck is wrong with DisplayPort?
>>
Please respond
>>
>>56227298
>doesn't list hardware

You could easily have a defective card are you're just bring an asshat but what do I know? I'm just a /g/entooman .
>>
I had some random 'disconnects' in the past that caused my screen to randomly lose the signal for 2-3 seconds. Happened quite a few time in the beginning never again since. First I thought it was related to my phone because every time I put it close to the monitor the signal started to spaz out. Apart from that I never had any issues with it.
>>
If your system is working properly at stock clocks but is not working properly under OC, then your OC is unstable.
>>
>>56227298
Nope, works fine here.
>>
>>56227298
Check if the cable is sending voltage through pin 20, according to VESA specs it should not and might cause damage.

Some monitors instead do weird things because manufacturers can't follow best practices. I guess it applies to GPU manufacturesrs too.

When I had a AOC G2460PG I was getting the black death whenever I tried to turn on the screen while windows had turned off the displays (due to inactivity). I had to remember to move the mouse first and only then turn on the screen, or else TOO BAD YOU'RE FUCKED.
Maybe it could be solved with a GPU firmware update, but who knows (I have a GTX 970).

My current monitor, a 24GM77 turns completely off as a device when it goes to standby so I don't even come close to see if that's the case for all the monitors or just for some.
What I don't like is that by disconnecting as a device windows shuffles windows around because MUH SCREEN IS GOHN MUH SIMULATED FAGGOTRY DISPLAY REGEDIT WRONG RESOLUTION HURRR.

Displayport would be better if you could choose to make it work like a fucking dvi/vga port, it's disconnected ? MIND YOUR FUCKING BUSINESS, KEEP SENDING THE FUCKING VIDEO SIGNAL FOR FUCK'S SAKE
>>
>>56227298
I have a display cable that came with my monitor. It doesn't work very well. I was going to order another one, but I everyone I see has reviews that say it doesn't follow specs. Well what the fuck does? I just use an hdmi cable and it works.
>>
>>56227620
2500k lost silicon lottery and can't get past 4.3 without going over 1.4 vcore
650W seasonic x

>>56227649
I recently changed my monitor from a shitty one to a PB258Q and it is connected with DisplayPort. Previously, on the shit 1080p monitor, the OC was completely stable. Ran p95 for 3 days stable.

Moved to this monitor, getting black screen of death every few days. Force reboot and it tells me the system has experienced hardware failure due to voltage/oc.

This time when I went to go and fix the clock speeds back to the OC I had, they won't stick after booting. Haven't had enough time to see if I get black screen of death on stock speeds yet.

Will try to update bios as it is an old version from 2011, as well as changing the CMOS battery since I am guessing that's why the OC wasn't sticking, but I have no idea what the fuck is wrong with the displayport connection.
>>
Can anyone recommend a display port cable that follows spec and actually works? Preferably amazon or monoprice.
>>
>>56227968
>>56227749
I am using the DP cable that came with the PB258Q. Should I try replacing the cable too?
>>
>>56228028
The one that came with my dell monitor doesn't appear to follow spec, so yeah replace it. With what I don't know.
>>
>>56228046
This one seems okay. https://www.amazon.com/Cable-Matters-Gold-Plated-DisplayPort/dp/B005H3Q59U
>>
>>56228158
And again some reviews say it isn't complaint. So frustrating.
>>
>>56227981
It's hard to say an OC is stable. All you can really say is that "it hasn't crashed" and not much else. Running p95 for 3 days doesn't mean much.

While I haven't had issues with DP at 2560x1440, I did at 4K (and with HDMI 2.0 too). In the end the cable was shit, it simply could not handle 4K. Also some cheapo DP cables which lack certification will connect the power pin both at the GPU side and the monitor, essentially shorting the screen and graphics card. If this doesn't outright damage anything it can definitely cause weird as fuck behavior and problems and may not be related to any OC at all.

On my personal system when I upgraded my graphics cards I started losing signal on my 2nd and 3rd monitors when under high CPU load, but the system wouldn't outright crash. This was with a "stable" OC that I had been using ever since I bought the CPU and had no issues. After shitloads of digging and tweaking I found out it was due to RAM settings/CPU ring bus voltage. After some more tweaks I got it to stop without even touching actual CPU clock and once again I believe my OC is "stable" but no stress test program will ever be able to provide you with a guarantee, just a degree of confidence. You can try the OCCT stress test for 1-2h (not Linpack, the other one), that helped me catch some shit I didn't see with IBT/P95.
>>
>>56228333
I'll try a new cable, bios update, and new CMOS battery. If that doesn't work then I'll dig in settings like you suggested.

Do you happen to remember the brand of DP cable you had bought?

Thanks for the help.
>>
>>56228463
Some generic cable, but it does have the official DP logo on it. It still works fine for 2560x1440 though, I'm using it now.
>>
Using an Accell B142C-007B, but it's only DP 1.2. Works flawlessly.

It is supposedly a rebrand of Bizlink E164571.
>>
>>56227298
Same here, PC won't even boot up with the DP cable plugged in.
Seriously what the fuck is wrong with displayport. A quick look at google tells me this has been a problem for years.
No wonder DP hasn't replace DVI or HDMI yet
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.