[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Neat little things you would like to see in technology

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

File: smart-mirror-1.jpg (72KB, 960x640px) Image search: [Google]
smart-mirror-1.jpg
72KB, 960x640px
Smartphones
>Screen repair paste for fixing small cracks
>Stock rom easily obtainable in Android (without flashing, without voiding warranty)
>Root access in developer potions

Other stuff
>Every painting in ultra high resolution
>Smart houses gaining more popularity

Show me what you think, and also write your tech related things you would like to see (be realistic).
Pic somewhat related.
>>
>Modern Andoird/iOS phone with no camera
>Channel creation and surfing ability added to Hulu/Netflix so it's just like cable TV

>>56226924
>Other stuff
>>Every painting in ultra high resolution
Didn't google do something like this?
>>
>>56226924
>modern smartphone without camera/fingerprint memes and 10Ah battery.
>erase 1366x768 from existence
>year of the linux desktop
>>
Detachable high quality camera lenses
Holographic keyboards and screens
>>
>>Stock rom easily obtainable in Android (without flashing, without voiding warranty)
They won't do this, they're too busy making money by getting in on the tracking and ad bucks game with their own non-google bloatware.
>Root access in developer potions
They won't make this easy either, it might let especially stupid people evade the money making pats of their "free" platform without any fear of getting chinese rootkits.

>>56227259
#1 is impossible because it's a free market in the US and normies with a love of conspicuous consumption decide what gets made
#2 is impossible because cutting costs, advertising in the name of "muh HD films!", and normies believing it
#3 is impossible and maybe undesirable. Use OS X. Do you really want the average linux distro to be that unfriendly to serious users and geeks? Do you really want the software ecosystem to be less about cool free stuff with features and more about shitty $5 apps that are more design than function?
>>
>>56226924
>>Smart houses gaining more popularity

"Fuck! My house has been hacked!!"
>>
I think we all want better batteries, AI, and multiplayer holodecks.

I would really appreciate quantum entanglement Internet with (practically) no latency.
>>
>>56228263
>quantum entanglement Internet with (practically) no latency
You're retarded.
>>
>>56228220
FOSS and safe houses are a thing with Raspberry Pi and GNU/Linux.
Also it won't get hacked if you know how to set it up right.
>>
>>56227168
Less popular paintings still don't have their ultra high resolution scans/photographs...
>>
>>56228298
I am fairly certain the rasppi uses firmware blobs to boot
>>
Not-American desktop CPUs
Not-American desktop CPUs
>>
*GPUs
>>
>>56228820
What is blobs
>>
>>56228263
>I would really appreciate quantum entanglement Internet with (practically) no latency.

It doesn't work like that senpai
>>
>>56227281
The high quality camera lens is legit. I think Sony did that once. Holograms on the other hand might be a little bit inconvenient.
>>
>>56229065
This.

If some Chinese company makes a linglong t500 desktop cpu or something i'll buy it to shitpost on /csg/
>>
>>56229827

what was the bizzarro cpu manufacturer in the late 90s? it had an X in the name
>>
File: 101875768-186490767.530x298.jpg (27KB, 530x298px) Image search: [Google]
101875768-186490767.530x298.jpg
27KB, 530x298px
Encryption in all communications.
Government respect for privacy and freedom.
A bigger push for passive, modern homes.

That's what I'd like to see in technology.

>>56226924
>Smart houses gaining more popularity
What happens in the case of an EMP or huge solar flare?

>electric car is useless
>smart home doesn't function and locks you in
>smartphones and computers are bricks
Do we even have enough radiation shielding?
>>
>>56230017
considering your car has multiple computer systems in it, you're going to be fucked during an EMP unless you have a car thats like pre-1975.
>>
>>56230069
meh... it would be pretty useless anyway. you'd have rednecks and dindus shooting at you trying to steal it everytime to tried to drive it anyway.
>>
>>56230128
sorry, my autism was triggered is all.
>>
>>56227259
The Oukitel K10000 has a shit camera and no fingerprint meme. And a 10ah battery.
>>
>>56230017
Your monitoring system will turn off and you'll need to use your keys like a normal human. Not like any other electronic devices would be useful...
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.