[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What went wrong?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: android.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
android.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
What went wrong?
>>
The emojis
>>
Java
>>
>>56225355
Giving vendors power over updates
>>
>>56225427
>Giving vendors power over updates
/thread
>>
>>56225427
Vendors Power over Updates

Vendors power to add their own, impossible to remove, apps

Allowing Carries to do both of the above as well

General lack of any kind of unified user experience, even among two of the exact same phone if they are on different carriers. Verizon vs AT&T for example.

At its core, Android is a good system, but the piles of shit that have been allowed to accumulate on its back are getting to the point where it's unbearable.
>>
>>56225427
>>56225469
>>56225480
wtf i hate open source now
>>
>>56225413
/thread
>>
>>56225508
Open Source is fine. This is just one of the sad examples of where it ca go horribly wrong if you let corporations fuck it over. I am a lover of the MIT license myself, but we need to understand that this is a possibility with Open Source.

Besides, I'm not entirely happy about how google dependent android is as an ecosystem either, really if it had remained a separate company that would've been for the best, but then it never would've taken off like it did.

[spoiler]But what I really miss is my blackberry.[/spoiler]
>>
>>56225355
All Android devices should run stock Android.
All devices should be able to get un dates as long as the hardware allows it to run newer versions.
Get rid of java, you dont make a car faster with a faster processor or new tires you need to built it using light materials.
Android unique features such as s pen support should be addons installable from the playstore not modified source cose.
>>
>>56225355
>What went wrong?
>Android Nougat
>not Android Nigger
>>
>>56225355
It uses the Linux kernel
>>
>>56225413
Basically this.

It was doomed from the start.

Also didn't help they basically turned it into an advertisement platform, Last time i needed a good calculator app i had to spend 10 minutes looking for one that didn't have fullscreen ads in it.

Android is a cancer and the quicker it dies the better.
>>
>>56225355
they decided to drop support for my Nexus 7 2013
>REEEEE
>>
>>56225355
Terrible Java threads management.
Very bad UI.
>>
Nothing, Android is far and away the best mobile OS.

>but muh scrolling FPS
I'll grant you that. iPhone scrolls really smoothly, but you can't do shit with it because the OS is locked down as fuck. How can you accept paying $700+ for a device and not even be able to uninstall an older version of an OS if you don't like the update? How can you be okay with not being able to sideload your own apps, or view videos made with common video codecs? How can you accept that the entry level model of your device is 16GB solely to push you into spending more money for the 64GB? How can you accept no expandable memory? Or not being able to use a simple file browser to transfer files ON THE COMPUTER OS MADE BY THE SAME FUCKING COMPANY?

Android is flawed but at least when you own an Android phone, you OWN the phone (unless you buy Samsung or anything sold by Verizon of course), and not just a phone but a computer that can do just about anything. An iOS device is an appliance and the only things you can do are that which are allowed by Apple. You buy out their devices but you only have as much freedom with them as if you were renting it.
>>
Its a pajeet OS.
>>
File: googleandroidfragmentation.png (123KB, 1566x1008px) Image search: [Google]
googleandroidfragmentation.png
123KB, 1566x1008px
>>56225355
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.