[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

You Are The New CEO of Microsoft/Apple

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

File: Microsoft-iOS[1].jpg (41KB, 1200x640px) Image search: [Google]
Microsoft-iOS[1].jpg
41KB, 1200x640px
It's finally happened /g/, through black magic, you're about to find yourself at the head of your favorite tech company! The date is Janurary 1st, 2017. You've replaced Satya Nadella/Tim Cook and absolutely everyone is okay with that.

With everyone in the company deciding to work with you and never against you, you essentially have free reign to shape the company however you want. How would YOU run Microsoft/Apple. What changes would you make to existing products, what products would you kill, and what would you add?

Extra Credit: Explain why how the things you're doing don't run your company into bankruptcy.

Bonus Round: Oh no! You're now the head of the company's whose products you don't prefer. Now Mac/Microshill, how do you change the company into something you'd like?l
>>
Crash it with no survivors.
>>
File: wincuckdropdown.jpg (716KB, 1300x4704px) Image search: [Google]
wincuckdropdown.jpg
716KB, 1300x4704px
>>56224685
Make every code database open-sourced. I'd give anything to see that spaghettis.
>>
>>56224685
Cut MS' bloated R&D and bullshit like surface tables
Start new Windows from scratch
>>
>>56224720
Are surface book's and tablets okay?
>>
>>56224685
>your favorite tech company
kek
>>
>>56224727
They seem to be doing fine yes.
MS spends a ridiculous amount on R&D and almost nothing ever comes out of it, just stupid gimmicks like the surface table and the kinect.
>>
>>56224685
> How would YOU run Microsoft
Continue its course to being a SaaS-based company, but remove those tiles, or rather make an opportunity to completely disable them on a desktop OS. Make a free Windows Pro edition with extended telemetry. Port every application, such as OneDrive and Office 365, to Linux.
> Explain why how the things you're doing don't run your company into bankruptcy.
Because free Windows is essential to lure people into MS Software Services, and in the end it shouldn't matter if the people will choose Linux over Windows, we'll milk them anyway.
> How would YOU run Apple
Apple is fine, but i would like to kill an iPad Pro ($1k for a tablet with a keyboard, are you serious, there's a Macbook for that price), kill MacBook Air (who needs it when there are non-pro macbooks) and resurrect some Mac features, like a removable RAM or 17" MBP or pre-Mavericks Aperture/iWork/Final Cut.
>>
>>56224747
You can't cut the budget just like that.
> almost nothing ever comes out of it
Patents do.
>>
>>56224685
I'd choose Microshit over Applel because it would take a little less work to pull it out of the garbage bin.

I would make Microsoft a major laptop/tablet/phone/desktop producer. I would have the devs redesign Windows to be open-source and highly customizable, but still just werkz©. Also copyright just werkz©. We would create different lines of products to cater to different needs, be it small, low-power laptops for those with budget problems to high-end rebuildable gaming pcs. I'd try to keep the price point as reasonable as possible while maintaining a decent profit-margin and make money. If that works out, then I would put more effort into the surface line. I'd work on making the tablet screens larger, work out the kinks with the book, and make an all-in-one desktop for it that could compete with other workstations for schools and business use.

If it ends in bankruptcy, then good riddance. At least we don't have NSA's partner-in-crime anymore.
>>
>>56224747
They waste the money on having fun and they sometimes give autistic projects to look like they do shit. Believe me, everyone does this.
>>
>>56224889
this.

But I'd go with it as a mix of PaaS and SaaS.

I've been using Azure for a few weeks to prototype Docker based deployment and rapid dev on different projects and that shit if fantastic.

I'm surprised they dont push it more honestly.
>>
>>56224910
Sounds like you'd make Microsoft become like Apple, except still licensing the OS to Hardware OEMs
>>
File: 1462038791977.png (147KB, 540x367px) Image search: [Google]
1462038791977.png
147KB, 540x367px
>>56224685
>Microsoft CEO
Made then next windows GNU/Linux based but add the extra features like directX and the ability to run windows applications natively.

There I just killed all other linux distros.

Apple CEO
Try to go back to making attractive electronics with current top of the line hardware
Ex: updated iphone 4, G5 mac pro, that white macbook I loved so much, etc.
>>
>>56224958
> High-end pcs
>like apple

choose one
>>
sell those companies to chinese, for the money i would buy atomic bombs or some shit and blew this fucking earth to the orbit
>>
>>56224685
>Favorite tech company
>Apple
>Microsoft

Fucking Kek
>>
>>56224685
Apple:
I'd develop chip fabs in like Idaho(near Washington/Cali and cheap). I'd use Chinese tactics back at them and force Foxconn to "partner" with a US company then set up small factories using robots in Idaho. Then I'd expand these and slowly cut Asian vendors out.

I'd then get subsidies from the US government like Tesla does for creating "jobs" in these new "green" factories and use that to undercut Samsung. Thanks taxpayers! Hahaha.
>>
>>56225264
>>56224739

People on this board either shill about Microsoft or Apple. Linux isn't unified enough that leading one company lets you truly determine what 'Linux' is, so I went with the two tech giants that people love to talk about how they're doing x and y wrong and doing z would be better.

Doing the same for Linux would just devolve into "well on X distro"...
>>
>>56224685
Built in GPS app for locating the nearest designated shitting street
>>
>>56224685
GNU/Linux/Win32
A microsoft linux distro with full support for Win32, hidpi scaling, vsync, directx, etc
>>
>>56224685
Force install gentoo.
>>
>Become Microsoft CEO
>Buy Secondlife from linden lab
>Restore voice in Violet

mfw tristen died for nothing
>>
Applel: ruin it while milking as much as possible until it dies, use money for things I like.

MS: Make windows foss (remove spying first), end xbox, end wp. make windows customizable. Raise my wage 10x so I'll be well off whatever happens. MS might fail, but everyone, including me, will be better off.
>>
>>56224685
Release the entire source code of Windows 10
>>
>>56224685
Microsoft: Publish source codes under GNU GPLv3 license.

Or under the cuck license just for shits and giggles
>>
>>56224685
Split Microft into 4 parts

1. Produce pandering department, these guys are like the others they just hype up and sell things that are good enough, but their goal is just short term profits. After a few years their department will be branded as the bad guys, so when they all get fired it will help repair the companies image as all the problem came from them and the rest of the company is "good" trust me.

2. SAAS department, these guys will find and address real needs that pay real money with a longer term plan. They won't be cut throat about it, but they will be practical businessmen in it for the win.

3. Deep department, these guys are the secret next generation. They will literally reinvent the computer as we know it. And what is more they are not stopping at chips or binary or kernel in our complete overhaul, we are also integrating future markets that shape the way the world works. Think of how payphones and cell phones don't just serve similar markets, but how the inherent design shapes how people live and act. That is the insane level of deep thinking this place does, in total secrecy.

4. the fun department, this is more typical market driven R&D used to help reassure investors and grow the working pool. It also works on testing prototypes in more public settings. It has cross roles and includes a number of smaller side projects which may or may not pay off.

After actively managing this I think I will own the world in 30 years, after which I don't know. Maybe have the company break into regional factions to tighten control and raise profits through small armed conflict. While this may sound very evil the end goal is actually to help all of humanity by dealing with other issues along the way.
>>
>>56224685
>through black magic
are you aware that this entire post is satanic?
>>
>>56224685

>CEO of Microsoft

>Start a new server OS project based on BSD
>Why?
Because they are severely lacking in the server market

>Hire back the QA/testing teams
>Why?
Because they fired them and code quality has suffered

>Keep pumping R&D into Saas/cloud
>Why
It makes money/is the future

>CEO of Apple

>Bite the bullet and add touch functionality to MacOS, release iPad Pro's with it
>Why?
They say it can replace your computer but can't.

>Release 5k Apple displays
>Why?
They haven't put out new ones in years, they're stale

>Stop being Jews and allow for Mac mini quad core configurations
>Why?
They took them away the quadcore option to position the Mac Pro as more of a Workstation machine

Stop being Jews and either lower the price for the Mac Pro, or add more CPU/GPU power
>Why

Too expensive for old hardware
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.