[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Broken monitor? Can it be fixed?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3

File: 1.jpg (2MB, 3050x1875px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
2MB, 3050x1875px
Hey /g/,

booted up my computer today and saw this (image attached (closer detail in following image)). No BIOS screen or anything - the monitor just immediately showed me this as the first and only image. Connecting the same DVI cable to a different monitor (which was 1280*1024 whereas the one in the picture is 1920*1080 if that matters) worked, which is the setup I'm currently using - just swapped the monitor.

Presumably the monitor broken (correct me if I'm wrong). Is there any way I could repair it? Will I have to get a new one? If so, any suggestions for what I should get?

The monitor worked fine for about 2 years prior to this event.

The monitor is called Acer 24" Predator GN246HL. It has a frame rate of 144 Hz and a pixel resolution of 1920*1080. If I need to replace it, I'll be looking for one with similar specifications.
>>
File: 2.jpg (1MB, 3200x2050px) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
1MB, 3200x2050px
Here is the aforementioned "following" image.
>>
>/g/ is NOT your personal tech support team or personal consumer review site.

Check your RAM, try to start with one module, also try to remove the graphics card and start with the integrated GPU if you have one.

Also, switch the HDMI cable.
>>
File: 3.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
3.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>56224581
I don't think it's a problem with my computer. This is what I get when using the monitor with another computer over VGA. (I've never tested the monitor with that computer before, though.)

>Also, switch the HDMI cable.
I was using DVI, and in fact this DVI cable (which came with the monitor) is thicker than the other ones that I have and I'm pretty sure it's the only one that'll work with it because I remember trying to use another cable first when I got the monitor, which didn't work so I had to use the included one.
>>
Does your monitor's menu appear if you press the button?
>>
>>56224669
Yes. Messages like "No Signal" are also displaying correctly as expected.
>>
>>56224182
>>56224653
>>56224192

That's a dank wallpaper mind posting it?
>>
>>56224182
Throw your entire setup in the trash.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.