[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What ever happened to tox?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 3

What ever happened to tox?
>>
whatever happened to what?
>>
i used a tox screwdriver to open my xbox controller the other day. it's alive and well.
>>
who even used that shit in the first place?
>>
>>56218529
torx screwdriver
>>
>>56218567
tox for short
>>
>>56218581
literally never happened
>>
If your name is Predrag (peca) and you're reading this message - get on tox. You know who I am.
>>
Had lots of potential, but inter-team fighting and stealing of funds happened and it collapsed. Now it lives on as a niche, pedo messenger.
>>
File: nsa3.png (181KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
nsa3.png
181KB, 1280x960px
>>56218498
nothing, anon.
>>
>>56218711
>Cleavage
NSA confirms: Women ruin everything.
>>
>>56218498
It is evolving. He's in Alpha have patience.
>>
>>56218607
I understand. I will be online today.
>>
It leaks your IP address
>>
A man named STI has killed it
>>
>>56218498
What do you mean?
>>
>>56218498
i wanted to belive in it so bad but couldnt replace irc with FiSH.... Too many stupid problems
>>
RIP in peace tox
>>
>>56218498
It was developed by a bunch of autists, which led to a lot of drama instead of actual development
>>
>>56218498
tox? I still use it daily for my python projects.
>>
>>56218498
Tox screwdrivers are still a thing, where you live OP?
>>
>>56223027
It doesn't leak it, it's a P2P VoIP client, what do you expect it to do?
>>
Stolen money, corruption, memes, forever in alpha, a single mostly competent dev doing 90% of the work.

Also no market. nobody but /g/entoomen and redshits would be interested in tox, let alone actually use it.
>>
>>56218498
It's actually advertised as a go-to program for secure chatting by a Belgian newspaper today.

http://www.hln.be/hln/nl/4125/Internet/article/detail/2838017/2016/08/23/Tools-om-echt-veilig-te-chatten.dhtml
>>
Discord stole it's potential "People who hate Skype" userbase out from under it's face.
>>
>>56229264
I had to search to see what the fuck that is.
Some gayman proprietary shit that's not even e2e encrypted.

nt Discord shill
>>
>>56229403
I'm not saying Discord is any good, fuckwit.

I'm just saying it had better buzz-generation and it captured any normie who doesn't give a shit about encryption or proprietary shit.

It came out recently and any normie who hated Skype but refused to move moved over in droves.
>>
>>56229539
Discord is mostly a TS3 replacement I don't think it is a danger to Skype. Can it even do video chat?

I haven't really tried it since I still have a TS3 server, but since TS3 sucks and is proprietary as well I don't really know what to do. Unfortunately ventrillo wasn't popular with my friends.
>>
>>56230619
ah I mean mumble not *ventrilo sorry.
>>
just set up a jabber for my friends and keep no logs, SSL and OTR, keep every other log on volatile mem and firewall the shit out of if
>>
>>56218498

The gentoo guy disappeared
Autism got the rest of the development crew
Then the leaks scandal
>>
>>56230619
Only old people and perverts use Skype video chat. A large contingent of the userbase use it as an IM/chatroom replacement with voice calls, and Discord completely subsumed that for a lot of people, more than TS because any idiot can start a server with no work or cost on their end.
>>
>>56230619
>Can it even do video chat?
Skype barely can as it is

I checked it out the other day for the first time in years and its a bloated piece of shit with like 90 emoticon menus but still no way to adjust user volumes individually and shits itself with more than 8 people in a call.
>>
>>56230940
>>56230950
Yes the video chat sucks, but I use it to talk to my parents and I haven't found a real replacement. To me Skype was always the video tool. For chat people I know use steam, or mostly whatsapp these days. ICQ and MSM are luckily already dead.
>>
File: 1449045263012.png (87KB, 575x575px) Image search: [Google]
1449045263012.png
87KB, 575x575px
>>56218498
>>
>>56218498
tox is not secure
>>
Vector / Matrix are better than tox and actually working.
>>
>>56218498
>What ever happened to tox?
NSA backdoors
>>
>>56229539
>I'm just saying it had better buzz-generation
Discord actually managed to roll out a working client so people could start using it while Tox at the same time had a dozen of prototypes but neither of them were usable
>>
nem_diggers is the only dev I remember.

I was one of the first testers and it is sad to see that the project that had some potential is now almost dead.
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.