[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How accurate is this?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

File: 1442989417625.png (1010KB, 2000x2210px) Image search: [Google]
1442989417625.png
1010KB, 2000x2210px
How accurate is this?
>>
>>56215577
Not accurate at all. 90% of that python should lead to javascript. Nobody uses python.
>>
File: 1467831278588.jpg (59KB, 395x401px) Image search: [Google]
1467831278588.jpg
59KB, 395x401px
>>56215577
>Python
>rated easiest language
>tops avg salary

whats going on
>>
>>56215604
Nothing should ever lead to JavaScript, except for "I want to animate snowflakes on a webpage".
>>
>>56215604
you wish, javaggot
>>
where is lisp? stallman guy says it's the best. i don't know how to code.
>>
>>56215577
pretty accurate.
>>56215687
python is balls easy to learn.
it's trendy now, therefore -> demand.
>>56215604
go to sleep
>>
>>56215741
Everything is web based today. Almost desktop UI is rendered with markup and javascript and you can do pretty much anything in javascript that you'd do on native platforms. Javascript is literally the future of computing because it is widely used and can do almost everything.

Unless you want to make embedded firmware or something. Javascript is the language that can get something that an user can see and use. Of course there are still a lot of backend platforms that run on other languages but in general js offers the most to anyone wanting to make things. You can develop on any platform with JS.
>>
>>56215577
Not at all.
>>
>>56215577
Python is pure trash and should never exist.
>>56215604
This one is sorta true.
>>
>>56215577
I am learning to code c#, and once someone told me that python teaches bad coding habits.
>>
>>56215577
>Python
>the best way

>C
>the hardest way, but you can learn any other language based on it

Now that's what I call weak bait.

>>56215834
This as well. As long as electron and co. have a shit-tier input latency > 20ms - which they have, naturally - relevant users will use the native alternative.
>>
>>56215834
Any Turing-complete language "can do almost everything", but that doesn't mean it should. JS was quickly thrown together for the purpose of simple DOM manipulations and it should stay there. There's absolutely no excuse for using it as a backend or general-purpose language other than being a webdev faggot that doesn't know anything else and can't be bothered to learn.
>>
>>56216021
That's not even the whole problem. The other problem is that CSS and HTML - technologies that even suck for their original purpose aren't sufficient to render GUIs.
>>
>>56216021
it doesn't matter if it should be or not, it is easily usable on any platform and web interfaces are generally fast enough for general user programs, if you are going to learn something to make something, then using the most available and most cross platform tool is the best
>>
So if I want to program a site just with a login that runs high encrypt log from a stats AI

Would python be enough to set all of that together?
>>
>>56216064
>web interfaces are generally fast enough for general user programs,
No, they are not, their typing input latency is too high to comfortable type text and due to how the DOM works it won't get any better.

It's literally the only good thing about vim etc.
>>
>>56216021
maybe, but it evolved into something completely different and beautiful now
>>
Learn machine language
>>
>>56216063
>The other problem is that CSS and HTML - technologies that even suck for their original purpose aren't sufficient to render GUIs.

CSS is enough for quite a lot once you go into more advanced CSS3. Only for basic HTML interactions, yes, but you can use JS on top to link up effects in a more complex way. You can control that by just adding/removing CSS classes at the right time.
>>
>>56216292
Because Verilog is so useful for designing applications, right?
>>
>>56216353
>You can control that by just adding/removing CSS classes at the right time.
Which is a shit-tier dev experience, unchecked and you will never get a good input latency, because browser engines and computers will never be fast enough to render the clusterfuck that happens in the background.
>>
>>56216515
Not sure what exactly you mean, adding a class instantly triggers any css animation/transition associated to that class, and since all browsers animate stuff in hardware, said animations will be super fast and extremely smooth.

Maybe you mean shit like cursor hover? Those have their own css pseudo class of :hover, so you'd be stupid to control them by adding classes.

There are a few tricks here and there to make animations smoother, like setting up a 0px translate on them, I think webkit needed that to trigger hardware accelerated animation before. But those don't have to do anything with animation.

I'm at a loss here on what you mean, but then I'm building websites, not video games with CSS.
>>
It isn't
>>
>>56215604
pythonfag here, it is true that the infographic is out of date (Objective C makes this obvious) and that JS is now considered good/trendy enough to take over other languages in plenty of use cases.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.