[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Browser

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: 1461452848501.jpg (34KB, 500x638px) Image search: [Google]
1461452848501.jpg
34KB, 500x638px
So I'm leaving the botnet (FireFox). I'm switching to a fork. Mozilla has stepped up too far. Which is the best? IceCat or WaterFox?

I run OSX on a Macbook Air
Gentoo on a standard x86 Desktop

A) Can I trust WaterFox
B) Can I use proprietary plugins on IceCat?
C) Are either resource hogs?
>>
>>56215088
what did they do now? stop overreacting to shit you fucking weeb.
>>
>>56215088
they are literally recompiles of the source code.
>>
>>56215097
New Logo, SJW bullshit, Making a switch to chromium.
Fuck Google, I'm switching to a fork hoping that somebody would take out the Google BS for me.
>>
>>56215157
Wasn't that just the mozilla company, which by the way doesn't currently have a logo, so step in the right direction design-wise.
>>
>>56215157
>SJW bullshit
What did they actually do?
>>
>>56215217
The BS code sweatshops for nigger girls and Kids.
>>
>>56215088
>OSX
Found your problem.
>>
>>56215088
Pale Moon
>>
File: Mozilla_dinosaur_head_logo.png (131KB, 1300x929px) Image search: [Google]
Mozilla_dinosaur_head_logo.png
131KB, 1300x929px
>>56215187
they do have a logo
>>
>>56215088
I've been using Cyberfox for a few years now. Pretty happy.
>>
>>56215088
A) Yes.
B) Sorry, I can't answer.
C) Waterfox, much like Firefox, slows down (in the sense of becoming unresponsive, not loading pages slower) after you install many add-ons.

I personally recommend Seamonkey if you want a Firefox fork. It uses the modern Mozilla codebase instead of forking an old version, but it never got Australis. Its MUCH more responsive than Firefox, at least on OS X.

If you're considering Chromium-based browsers, look for Ungoogled Chromium. By far the best privacy-oriented fork out there. The others, including pure Chromium, still phones Google for many reasons (whether they're acceptable or not depends on you): http://thesimplecomputer.info/the-private-life-of-chromium-browsers

By the way, if you're on OS X, consider installing TCPBlock. Its much better than the built-in firewall and will give you more control on what can connect to the Internet on your system. For example, every time you click on the 'About This Mac' option, OS X pings Apple servers. You can block this kind of behavior with TCPBlock. It works similarly to TinyWall for Windows of AFWall for Android.
>>
>falling for the /g/ meme "x is a botnet" unironically
>switching to an inferior product because of sjws
>>
>>56216316
Thank you Anon, for not being a cuck and giving me straight answers. I appreciate your time
>>
>>56217178
>Useless Neckbeard probably working at "Campoooter repair shop"
>Dropped out of community college to be a pro gaymer
>Too Autistic to even do that
gg Anon, you sure showed us
>>
>>56215088
>Nvidia cooling solution
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.