[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is Lastpass the best password manager?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3

File: LP.png (24KB, 907x333px) Image search: [Google]
LP.png
24KB, 907x333px
Why is Lastpass the best password manager?
>>
>>56213197
>best
>>
I'm not using your damn NSA password manager.
>>
>cloud meme
>best
pick one

Keepass master race
>>
>>56213395
>NSA password manager.
Like the NSA needs passwords, they just get a super secret warrant and look at your files.

FISA aproves 99.97% of all requests, whats the point here. You can't keep the gov from snooping around, my concern is bad guys that will sell your CC/hack your account for profit.
>>
>>56213197
I prefer 1password
>>
>Using password manager services
Keepass or don't even bother.
>>
For people who are seriously thinking about password managers, more than the obvious bait that is the OP, LastPass has had a host of major security issues uncovered over a pretty long period. If you want a cloud based manager for syncing that has browser integration, try 1password or Dashlane. If you want more guarantees about your password security, KeePass is really your only current "safe" bet, though you have to manage syncing yourself and the mobile story isn't great.
>>
>>56213735
>syncing
>mobile
I hope keepass db file is secure enough to be placed in Dropbox.
>>
File: 1471001730674-1.jpg (18KB, 231x233px) Image search: [Google]
1471001730674-1.jpg
18KB, 231x233px
>>56213197
no the absolute beat password manager is your head, just memorize all of your keys, it's not THAT fucking hard, hell I only use 6 different 30 character long passwords, imagine a security breach in the password managers, like KeePassX, we would be fucked, also LastPass
>CLOUD BASED PASSWORD MANAGER
>>
>>56213788
I think I need to upgrade the memory in my brain
>>
>>56213503
brofist
>>
keepass desu
>>
Wouldn't a simple .txt file saved on a USB stick be a simple, effective way of keeping passwords?
>>
>>56214344
It's sure simple, and it's effective up until the moment you happen to lose the USB stick.

Also, anyone who gets a hold of the USB stick now has your passwords.
>>
>>56213733
KeepassX you mean
>>
>>56214297
Jewpass dev refuses to use https because he doesn't want to lose ad revenue. He don't care about your security
>>
>>56213788
>imagine a security breach in the password managers, like KeePassX
The thing is: KeePassX uses a local database so even if a flaw is discovered in the application, your passwords are safe because they are only on your computer.
>>
>>56214408
Why KeepassX over Keepass2?
>>
>>56213197
>password manager
end yourself
>>
>>56214401
You can put a password on the USB stick
>>
>>56213735
No piece of software is going to lack vulnerabilities. I think what Lastpass has shown in the past when it has faced a vulnerability/breach is behaving in the most paranoid way possible. Even when they lost all the master password hashes, only weak master password would have been cracked (https://www.grc.com/sn/sn-512.htm).
>>
>using password managers
>not just using ultralong passwords
>>
File: lol.jpg (81KB, 419x480px) Image search: [Google]
lol.jpg
81KB, 419x480px
>>56214439
>he thinks Windows Defender will stop someone from taking the db straight off his PC
>>
>>56214408
>>56214442

On Windows its prettymuch 100% Keepass2 > KeepassX
On the other platforms, Keepass2 is a lot less refined, but the plugins are still way too useful.

If there was a way to use PassIFox with KeepassX I would instantly switch on my GNU/Linux setup.

We need Keepasshttp functionality for KeepassX
>>
>>56214554
>Not using an 8 word dice ware pass phrase...
You are literally asking to be hacked.
>>
>>56213197
hacked
>>
>>56214524
Isn't that the point of password managers? Have one password that is essentially uncrackable, so that you can have loads of other passwords that are incredibly difficult to crack.
>>
>>56215012
>Implying that anyone is completely secure from being hacked
>>
>>56213197
If best means most convenient.

I'll never understand why people are so eager to put security in the hands of third parties. Is it really so hard to keep your own encrypted password database on devices where you need it?
>>
>>56213197
I don't understand password managers. Especially cloud ones. Isn't it a lot more risky? Because now all your passwords are hidden behind 1 single password. Not only that, it brings together passwords from a lot of different people so it makes it a high profile target for criminals.
>>
I just have an encrypted .txt file.
>>
>>56214408
>>56213733

KeePass is the only way to go.
>>
>>56213197
Revolutionary idea

Take some compressed wood pulp and make markings on it that correspond to your password!
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.