[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Imaging multiple pc's solution

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_20160822_095042215_HDR.jpg (3MB, 4320x2432px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160822_095042215_HDR.jpg
3MB, 4320x2432px
Good morning /g/! A while back I was feeling a bit overworked because of a massive task with a short deadline, but long story short I developed a series of batch programs that images 4 hard drives at the same time. I can't post the source code since 4chan is a big no-no on our network, so I posted a pic of it.

Note(s):
-This is for MASS deployment, not for just 1 or 2 pc's, that's when you'd use an MDT server
-The batch file imC is similar to the rest of the imaging batch files.
-The imaging tool used was the imagex command line tools
-Everything can be controlled in WinPE or Windows 7+
-Drive check was implemented because my co workers were accidentally erasing drives, but the text file literally only contains the word "succeeded" and is placed in the home directory of my usb stick. Without that file or the USB assigned as g:/, you create an infinite loop until the conditions are met. You could make a batch that creates a text file and writes the drive letter in the text file, and then create another batch that re-assigns the drive letter, but I rarely ran into that problem so I didn't bother.
-all of this assumes that you have a wim already created, and an available desktop that has 4 or more SATA connections/cables
-the file that copies to the boot drive (x:\) is the imagex command tool. I did this because some of the usb sticks didn't have that added into WinPE when they were configured, so I tried to make the program universal as possible.
-This system assumes that you "know things," so if you don't know how it works at second glance (with some research,) please don't use it...

WARNING! Opening a desktop computer or laptop computer could void your warranty, plus opening your computer (if it isn't obvious enough) makes it and the hard drive more vulnerable to damages. Also, connecting multiple drives could overload your PSU, so please do the math before you run the batch! Please proceed with caution.

Enjoy!
>>
Have a better solution? Post it! I'm interested to see what you guys could come up with
>>
File: 4L_4vjxEadg.jpg (249KB, 1235x822px) Image search: [Google]
4L_4vjxEadg.jpg
249KB, 1235x822px
Very useful. Thank you for this. Windows deployment tools are a clusterfuck (DISM etc)

[spoiler]Gib msdn invite pl0x[/spoiler]
>>
>>56210007
No problem! DISM is a clusterfuck. It still makes me scratch my head. Not sure what you meant in the spoiler?
>>
Oops! Forgot to include the scan disk text file! All it is is:
res
res
lis dis
lis vol
exi

Rescan twice because sometimes the connected drives wouldn't pop up for the first scan.
>>
Neat. But everyone uses GNU/Linux here.
>>
>>56210345
I would love for the company to make a full Linux deployment, but it seems highly unlikely.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.