[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the easiest way to convert Coaxial to RCA?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 2

File: atari2600.jpg (502KB, 1600x1195px) Image search: [Google]
atari2600.jpg
502KB, 1600x1195px
I have an old Atari 2600 and i wanted to hook it up to my HD Projector just for the hell of it. The only video output the Atari has is coaxial and my Projector and Receiver only have RCA and HDMI. I have seen that many people use old VCR's but that seems absurd to have to plug in another electric appliance just to get the conversion. They make tons of RCA to Coaxial adaptors but i havent found one that is Coaxial to RCA. Is using a VCR the only way to achieve this?
>>
File: 1471563111088.jpg (44KB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
1471563111088.jpg
44KB, 600x338px
The Atari is putting out an RF signal. You'll need an RF to composite adapter, simply getting a coaxial male to RCA female won't do the job (unless your projector has an antenna input.)

A VCR conveniently does this, and most people have one lying around; which is why you often see people using that.
>>
>>56204639
Alternative is to modify the Atari and add connectors that directly output video and audio signals.
>>
Forget using TV and use a USB TV tuner stick on channel 3.
>>
>>56203958
Mod the Atari 2600, it's way easier than getting an active adapter, you can intercept audio and video before it enters the RF modulator.
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.