[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How come people complain about having to use the keyboard in

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

File: output_converted.webm (918KB, 512x320px) Image search: [Google]
output_converted.webm
918KB, 512x320px
How come people complain about having to use the keyboard in vim when you can just enable the mouse and act as dumb as you want?
>>
Because people who complain about vim don't know how to use vim and don't care to learn how to enable things
>>
>vim
>>
>>56195611
Looks like shit m8.
>>
I always use the mouse in vim
This j-k-l-m bullshit will never be as fast
>>
why do you keep making threads and webms about your vim setup?
>>
>>56197818
hjkl sorry
>>
Fuck emacs
>>
>>56197818
>the hjkl will never be as fast

lern 2 navigate

yes, it's awkward and slow at first, but eventually you'll be a real fuckin' vim pro
>>
>>56197875
no mate, it will NEVER be as fast
reading comprehension much ?
I didn't say "it's slow at first but faster than a mouse when used to it"
ok ?
stay in denial pleb
>>
>>56195611
Try the same thing with VI now nigger.
>>
>>56195611
Nice thread OP. Categorically urges you to envision.
Do you have anymore "ides are for bleps? m-muh frankenvim i-isn't an ide" threads? I sure love saging those.
>>
>>56197889
What is subjectivity?

I mean seriously can't you fathom that some people can type faster than they switch their hand over to the mouse?
>>
>>56197818
http://vimcasts.org/blog/2013/02/habit-breaking-habit-making/
>>
>>56197919
>speed
>subjective
nope.bmp
>>
>>56197818
To each his own anon. I prefer to use folds to not have to scroll over large parts of code. gg and G will always be faster that the mouse :^)
>>
File: 204635.png (45KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
204635.png
45KB, 600x600px
>>56195611
Emacs does it MUCH better.
>>
>>56197942
We're talking human beings here, with different capabilities.

I type at >140wpm, do you really think that getting my hands off the home row when i'm refactoring is productive?

I mean hell even I will admit that these squabbles are pointless because most of the time, when you're programming, you're not actually typing but thinking about stuff.

But when you are typing a lot of shit, you don't want to have to use the mouse.
>>
File: spacemacs-python.png (170KB, 1380x755px) Image search: [Google]
spacemacs-python.png
170KB, 1380x755px
>>56197974
¿por qué no los dos?
>>
>>56197934
bad habit according to this pleb, also who keeps a blog in 2016 ?
I don't need to break an habit that makes me faster

>>56197953
a mouse can not be an alternative to G and gg, so if you meant that it's better than backspacing all the way up then sure

>>56197976
>when you are typing a lot of shit, you don't want to have to use the mouse
where you're typing sure, but when you're navigating then a mouse is faster whether you want it or not, whether you type at 784wpm or 12.
>>
Fuck vim just install VSC
>>
>>56198014
>when you're navigating then a mouse is faster whether you want it or not
I'd agree, after all it's what i use for browsing.
But it really depends on what you're doing.
I mean most of the time i'm switching between multiple files with fzf or ag and /-ing to the function i want to modify, so it's pointless to use the mouse since i'm already where i want.

The mouse is great for slowly reading code, but quickly editing it? not so much.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.