[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Recently, my CPU's temperature has been abnormally high,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: 2016-08-21_17-47-31.png (3KB, 334x63px) Image search: [Google]
2016-08-21_17-47-31.png
3KB, 334x63px
Recently, my CPU's temperature has been abnormally high, what are some cheap methods to get rid of this issue and degrade it to average temperature? (40-60 degrees)
>>
>>>/g/sqt/
>>
Ice cooling.

Put a block of ice in a zip bag over your cpu.
>>
>>56193818
new thermal paste
new cooler
more fans in case
>>
Check the temperature in bios as software reading can be dubious.

I doubt you PC would be on at those temps.
>>
>>56193818
That is speccy being a piece of shit. Look in your BIOS (or HWmonitor) for the real temps.
>>
>put off cleaning dust out of HSF for ages
>finally gets to the point where the machine runs over 70C under load, and in hot weather, touching 90C and shutting off
>put it off a little further by writing a quick script that throttles the cpu when it gets to 70C
>finally bother to clean it out
>idle goes from 50 to 25
>load goes from 70+ to 50
basically, just clean the fucker, take the HSF off, remove the fan, give it a good dusting, replace the thermal paste when you reinstall it, and it'll be good as new
>>
Reminder: AMD CPUs and APUs do not use an on die temp probe. Programs like Speccy do not read or display the temp of your chip.

Use AMD Overdrive to look at your chip's thermal margin.
>>
File: a.png (13KB, 561x144px) Image search: [Google]
a.png
13KB, 561x144px
>>56193991
>>
>>56194013
For reference, because so many here can't get this right:
http://www.tomshardware.com/faq/id-2122665/understanding-temperature-amd-cpus-apus.html
http://www.overclock.net/t/1330946/amd-temperature-guide
http://www.overclock.net/t/1128821/amd-temp-information-and-guide
>>
OP here.
HWMonitor showed 85-90 degrees, while BIOS showed 40 degrees
>>
>>56194207
the bios temp will usually be the lowest, due to;
1. the cpu is idle in the bios
2. often the fans in the system are running at full speed while in the bios
>>
>>56194207
check difference of fan speed during bios and during load
>>
>>56194341
The BIOS figure is low because its reading the package sensor.

Just fucking stop posting.

This is all the OP needs to know:
>>56194013
>>56194073
>>
>>56194423
>The BIOS figure is low because its reading the package sensor.
? the core temp is typically lower than the package sensor

my 8320's doing encoding right now, with the core temp at 49.5c, and the package is at 66.5c
>>
>>56194486
Why are you incapable of reading?
>>
Reapply thermal paste. I wait until I have boot OC issues before I Reapply the TP

Its time for me to reapply to my 7640k. stupid fucking thing needs paste way too often.
>>
>>56194697
Unless you're using toothpaste for thermal compound you don't need to frequently reapply it. It'll last for years.
>>
File: ss+(2016-07-19+at+01.38.50).png (44KB, 941x722px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-07-19+at+01.38.50).png
44KB, 941x722px
>>56193818
I know that feeling of a housefire
>>
>>56194748
I already know. Telling me this won't bring back my thermal paste, b
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.