[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Powershell on Linux

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

File: powershell_on_linux.png (48KB, 1137x879px) Image search: [Google]
powershell_on_linux.png
48KB, 1137x879px
Alright /g/, Powershell is now free as in freedom (MIT licensed) and runs on Linux. Have you tried it yet? What are your thoughts?

https://github.com/PowerShell/PowerShell
>>
Microsoft Linux when
>>
>>56190847
why ? when bash is comfy
>>
>>56190847
It's shit
>>
>>56190847
Did Stallman or Torvalds said anything about this?
>>
File: 3269034512_6eab1684e5_o.gif (60KB, 216x216px) Image search: [Google]
3269034512_6eab1684e5_o.gif
60KB, 216x216px
Literally the only reason to use it is for an OOP shell but pretty much only .NET programs on Windows even return objects.

It's Microsofts way of breaking things. Now they want to make programs that you'll have to use with powershell on Linux. Then drop support on Linux ofr those programs so you have to switch back to windows.

Never use MS products. Anyone who tries to convince you to use ANY MS product is a shill.
>>
>>56191294

>Then drop support on Linux ofr those programs
But Powershell is already free and open source, so anyone can keep developing it if there's a demand. You can just retract MIT licensing. Once that shit's out there, it's fair game for anyone to do with as they please.
>>
>>56190847
Bash for win.
Powershell for linux.

Sounds like intercourse, doesn't it?
>>
>>56191353
Yeah powershell, but not the programs that they're going to build/port for linux that will require powershell.

But of course you know this don't you? shill.
>>
>>56191398

So... they open source Powershell. Then they make a program for Linux that uses Powershell. Then they remove the new program that they made, but we still have Powershell because it's free software. This brings us right back to where we are now, with Powershell but without that one new program.

How does this cause Linux to lose users again?
>>
>>56191447
Not going to bother explaining this to a literal shill.
>>
>>56191573

Prove I'm a shill.
>>
>>56191294
I agree with this.

An OOP shell is interesting but not if it can't be implemented freely and without risks of vendor lock-in.
>>
>>56191375
Like two girls exchanging clothes, to be exact.
>>
>>56191680
You have a tripcode.
Also filtered so don't bother replying
>>
File: Capture84237824.png (14KB, 336x111px) Image search: [Google]
Capture84237824.png
14KB, 336x111px
>>56190847
Kinda useless without the windows specific crap.
>>
>>56190847
SHITE
H
I
T
EAT IT
Nobody wants your garbage, Micrococks.
>>
File: gross.png (96KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
gross.png
96KB, 400x400px
>>56191294
This so much. Never use M$ shit. If it weren't for Win8 and Win10 being so beyond cancer for privacy, I might welcome something like this, but at this point I wouldn't recommend jack shit from them.

And if you're not a tech-illiterate, you shouldn't need powershell over bash. Avoid like the plague!!
>>
>>56190847
It could be interesting but I'll probably never use it so meh.
>>
>>56192116
And both are fat, gross and inherently instable. Redox ftw.
>>
powershell makes way more sense than bash does, as a guy who uses both at work.

fuck all the stupid program names linux uses
>>
>>56194847
>$PSVersionTable.PSVersion
powershell --version

Fuck off retard you may as well use javascript as your shell.
>>
>>56194136
And that manages to be rusty even if new
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.