[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

GOt hacked

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: vpt3vjf3.jpg (12KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
vpt3vjf3.jpg
12KB, 400x400px
So lets talk about Information Security or "Cyber security".

My eBay got hacked recently and someone order a ton of phones and shit, some costing $500 and I couldn't believe it. Just as I was about to go to be I looked at my phone and saw 5+ emails, all from ebay so I opened it up and had a mini hear attack. "Order confirmation", fuck.

So I immediately logged in to my ebay account (the hacker didn't change my password) and changed my password to something much longer than it previously was. Next I called customer support and some qt girl helped me cancel all of the orders.

I have a few questions about how my account got hacked in the first place. I only log into eBay on my desktop running windows and don't have any viruses or anything to my knowledge. Perhaps I have a keylogger though, how would I even know if I have one installed?

How did this happen and how can I prevent it from happening in the future?
>>
https://getlogdog.com/blogdog/what-should-i-do-if-my-ebay-account-was-hacked/
>Just not long ago hackers gained access to 145 million eBay records and eBay released a statement urging all of it users to change their passwords.

Alright fuck so my password hash was in the database and got cracked (it was a really shitty 8 character long password). Makes sense now.
>>
Stop using eBay. Problem solved. Next question.
>>
>>56189794
USed thinkpad deals are too great to pass up though.
>>
>>56189786
you know all those fourms that say, you must register to see links? or other such BS? some of those sites dont encrypt there passwords. if those sites get hacked, and you use the same password. your other accounts will get hacked.
>>
>>56189825
I'm trying to think of other important accounts of mine that used the same password and can't think of any. If since moved to using Keepassx as my password manager.
>>
>>56189794
>Next question
How to safely store my KeepassX database and use it on multiple different devices
>>
Also OP here. I have where the items were intended to be sent, like the address.

Anything I can do with this?
>>
>>56189994
sent a turd to them
>>
>>56190048
I looked at the address on Google Streetview and it was just some industrial distribution factory place
>>
>>56189994
Send some pizzas their way.
>>
>>56190064
send an old phone with tracking apps installed
>>
>>56189763
Use two factor authorization, faggot.

Dowload VIP access app for your phone.
https://m.vip.symantec.com/home.v

Activate it on your ebay account.
https://scgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ActivateSecurityToken

I just looked into it thanks to your pathetic post and did it, so the same thing won't happen to me.
>>
>>56190122
You're welcome asshole
>>
>>56189939
I just upload it to Google Drive, and use KeePass for Windows and KeePassX for Android.

I use Google Drive pluging for Keepass on Windows, but you don't have to if you store and open the database directly from the Google Drive folder.

Not sure if it's safe or not, but it works.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.