[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who else /google services/ free here?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

File: Screenshot_20160821-100740.png (708KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160821-100740.png
708KB, 1080x1920px
Who else /google services/ free here?
>>
File: Screenshot_20160821-100746.png (684KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160821-100746.png
684KB, 1080x1920px
>>
>>56184615
BB10OS reporting in
>>
>>56184626
Post screenshots pls. What apps do you use?
>>
File: IMG_20160820_192208.png (304KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160820_192208.png
304KB, 720x720px
>>56184755
Mainly just the stock browser, Calendar, Remember, File Manager, and Wikipedia.
>>
How do pls? XD no but seriously I heard the battery life is excellent with out Gapps
>>
>>56184967
Just download apps from apkpure or apkmirror. Or find alternatives on fdroid
>>
>>56184615
yup, vanilla cyanogenmod latest snapshot.
>>
I've been considering this
How do you feel your life as changed either for better or for worse?
>>
Are there even different OS's for at&t ZenFone
>>
>>56185375
Google's a thing, you know.
>>
>>56185176
Personally, I've seen no negatives. I will never go back to Googles ecosystem again. Android is great with Google out of the picture.
>>
>>56184967
Just download pico gapps for your Android Version and open the file gapps-remove.txt from the ZIP.
Use root and es file explorer to delete every file listed in the gapps-remove.txt
Don't forget to install alternative apps for launcher, keyboard, camera and browser before deleting all apps and files that are listed in the text file.

http://opengapps.org/
>>
>>56185403
Are there any google apps that cause trouble when you try to replace them or can I just get a replacement and delete them?
>>
>>56185176
It improved my battery life, as well as remove a lot of unnecessary bloat that was annoying just to have in the first place.

It's always one of the first things I do when I get a new phone nowadays.
>>
File: sd1232.jpg (10KB, 232x261px) Image search: [Google]
sd1232.jpg
10KB, 232x261px
When a normie developer doesn't put his app on fdroid, I fetch all my apk's form Evozi with no guarantee whether or not they are botnets.
>>
>>56185540
Too bad Evozi is always out of bots so half the time you can't get shit.
apkmirror usually has it, but that's the only downside to going without gApps.

Even then you can just use Nox/BlueStacks and extract the APK with something like root browser or TitaniumBackup, though, it's a bit of trouble to go through.
>>
>>56185497
Nah, I mean think about it, you can get email through tons of services, apps are all over the place, what more do you really need from a phone? It's nice not having your battery and data plan raped by Google. Assuming you are already rooted, go over to FDroid and install OS monitor and watch how frequently Google connects to you. It's horrifying desu. I honestly don't know why they insist on doing this several times an hour,but I didn't like it, and here we are.
>>
>>56185647
I haven't gotten around to rooting my phone yet but i'll definately try this when I do, thanks
>>
I'm waiting for the next nexus release. How long do you think until CM 14 comes out? Like, six months after release of N?
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.