[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How many of you actually call it GNU/Linux in a conversation?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: 1471409624994.jpg (1MB, 1800x2744px) Image search: [Google]
1471409624994.jpg
1MB, 1800x2744px
How many of you actually call it GNU/Linux in a conversation? Or are you too much of a pussy to even mention Linux around a group of Apple loving hipsters?
>>
I call it linux because everyone, even normies, knows what that is.
>>
>>56183378
This. I also happen to think that Stallman is unjustified in demanding a share of the credit, considering that the kernel is the thing that determines the fundamental character of the operating system. The GNU coreutils, C library, and so on can all be swapped out for non-GNU alternatives, though they often are not. The only GNU software that's essential is GCC for building the kernel. And you don't see Microsoft talking about the latest version of Visual C++/Windows.
>>
>>56183354
I call it GNU/Linux in writing only, but I do so at my job.
>>
torvalds_says_linux.ogg in normal conversation.
GNU/Linux on /g/ to avoid triggering copypasta.
Or as I've recently been calling it, GNU + Linux.
>>
I use GNU/Linux when I want to distinguish it from Android. We call the actual Linux "the kernel".

I don't frequent Apple loving hipsters, and you shouldn't either.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.