[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is ink so goddamn expensive?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

Why is ink so goddamn expensive?
>>
cuz printers are cheap and businesses have to make money somewhere
>>
File: 1445430490616.png (351KB, 1517x526px) Image search: [Google]
1445430490616.png
351KB, 1517x526px
>>56182696
it's not
>>
>>56182696
Because nobody wants to buy that shit. The demand for printers is slowly on the decline.
>>
>>56182696
>Tfw you are the smallest goddes in town with the biggest tits
>>
>>56182804

See how many pages that print will last for and then spend the same amount on cheap pens and see how many whole notebooks you can write with those pens. Printer ink is like 5000 times more expensive than pen ink and that's counting the cost of the plastic parts of the pen as if it was part of the ink cost; printer ink is fucking expensive.
>>
>>56183006
Then fucking use pen ink.
>>
>>56182696
Razor-and-blades business model. It's in every business textbook. Subsidize the one-time purchase and take a loss on it to get people to buy it, then make it back by soaking them on ongoing consumables costs.

Companies keep doing it because people keep falling for it.
>>
>>56183122
Isn't that racketeering?
>>
>>56183122
Don't forget:
Once your patents expire, discontinue the blades and release a new one "shaving system" with flashy features.
>>
>>56183192
Racketeering is strictly defined as causing a problem and then stepping in and offering a "solution" to said problem by giving them money.

So, for example, protection money to keep the mob from destroying your business.
>>
>>56183212
I know it's not really the same, but it's a similar situation
>>
Don't buy an inkjet printer you fucking tardo

Buy a laser printer
>>
>>56183245
it's not really similar at all, they're just charging a lot of money for their product. Which they're free to do, even if you think it represents awful value for money.

There are, after all, laser printers if you're willing to eat a higher up-front cost in exchange for lower cost per page. Buy one of those instead if the inkjet bargain strikes you as a bad one.
>>
>>56183245
I don't really see how selling cartridge blades is a "racket".

You don't have to shave, you don't have to use their blades, you don't have to use cartridge razors if you don't want to.

Same thing with printers.
You don't have to buy inkjet printers, especially now that laser is piss cheap and can be had for under $100 with a 1/2 full toner cart.
>>
Cheap ass printers are sold at a loss
Ink will always be in demand as it's a consumable. They make profit from the ink.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.