[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How many years until human drivers are made illegal?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 80
Thread images: 4

File: EHUp1Iv.jpg (62KB, 660x495px) Image search: [Google]
EHUp1Iv.jpg
62KB, 660x495px
How many years until human drivers are made illegal?
>>
It will take 10 years or so before all brands offer automatic cars.
Then another 15 years until everyone has such a car.
So it will take at least 25 years.

But as a legalbro I'm not 100% sure it will happen. Because somebody has to be responsible with accents. And it sure as hell are not going to be the car or navigation manufacturers. Or perhaps they will get some massive insurance for it.
>>
>>56177796
*with accidents
>>
Considering that recent news story of a dude who was decapitated by a truck after he set his car to autopilot, I'd say we've got a while to go yet.
>>
File: eX_driver.jpg (2MB, 1280x960px)
eX_driver.jpg
2MB, 1280x960px
>>56177725
Once we have éX-Drivers policing the A.I. cars.
(seriously this shows great and actually covers some of these topics)

But realistically 30 years or never depending on the political movements at the time.
I mean people have willingly give up there rights to feed themselves but have never thought of giving up their rights to own a gun.
>>
When Agenda 21 is enacted into law and conventional cars are banned to prevent us from going into unauthorized zones. Have fun using your self-driving car then when it only lets you input addresses in your current settlement.
>>
>>56177848
The "autopilot" was just a slightly more advanced form of cruise control. It tells you that when you turn it on too, and requires that you keeps your hands on the wheel. The guy that died was watching a movie I stead of the road.
>>
>>56177905
My point was just that the current technology can't work without a human ready to take over control.
>>
File: 1466374437613.jpg (22KB, 400x240px) Image search: [Google]
1466374437613.jpg
22KB, 400x240px
>>56177796
>Then another 15 years until everyone has such a car.
ayylmao
>>
>>56177935
Where I live in Europe they banned 15 year old cars from the city.
>>
>>56177796
>10 years for all brands
the major brands are all shipping them by 2020, some sooner, some later.

Uber is going with 1 mil by 2020.
>>
>>56177950
People who live in the city are allowed to use their car there
>>
>>56178001
No they dont. If you pass one of the license plate checkers you will get fined.
>>
>>56177725
Never. Humans drive fine. I've never had a wreck or been given a ticket. I always drive at a constant speed.
>>
>>56178096
Apparently you have to get a filter for your car or prove that it's not possible to install such a filter on it. Oldtimers (older than 30 years and not modified) are allowed.
>>
>>56177725
>How many years until human drivers are made illegal?
sorry im op, i meant to say woman drivers.
>>
>>56178158
You dont even know. Why do you pretend to know the regulations here if you dont even know where Im from?
>>
>>56178205
I'm living in Germany, where are you from?
>>
>>56178213
Utrecht, Netherlands.
>>
>>56177891
Résistance illegaly manufacturing non authorized vehicules (bicycles and bikes) etc... is this a show? because I'll watch the shit out of it.
>>
>>56178162
>women are humans now
>>
>>56178223
Plopkoek!
>>
>>56177931
Yes, it can. The autopilot feature in Teslas isn't current technology for driverless cars. Pretty sure they're not even using LIDAR.
>>
File: image.png (4MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
4MB, 1920x1080px
>>56177725
>How many years until himan drivers are made illegal?
When the government pries my 1996 Nissan Altima from my cold, dead hands.
>>
>>56177725

We are a long way from "automatic" cars becoming mainstream.

They are going to be limited to special roadways and limited-access roadways.

Roadways are too fucking chaotic and we aren't remotely close to developing a semi-sapient AI.
>>
>>56178285
What if I'm allergic to LIDAR?
>>
>>56177725
Never.
>>
>>56177950
>The politician who suggested that was not lynched by an angry mob
god damn it Europe
>>
>>56177950
Seems like you have bigger problems than cars, Frenchy.

>>56178229
Not like it'll be impossible to use parts from an autonomous car to make a manual car. It'll still use fuel and propulsion like everything else, unless you think they run on hopes and dreams.
>>
>>56177725
>Implying cars will remain in the near future...
>>
hicks will be all like but i wanna speed and die!1! so i doubt it will happen
>>
>>56177725
Not until police departments figure out how to make up the lost revenue from speeding tickets.
>>
>>56177796
>Until everyone has such a car
Don't you get it, kid? When we have autonomous swarms of cars, car ownership will simply cease to exist.
>>
>>56177725
H>>56177725
Hopefully never. If you hate driving, you're a faggot, and that's a fact.
>>
>>56179576
Just escalate the war on drugs
>>
Hopefully never.
>>
>>56179590
We need to get the assholes who hate driving off the road.
>>
>>56179729
But then who will I get mad at if nobody drives like shit?
>>
>>56179747
Yourself for failing to be dagumi.
>>
>>56177725
USA will never have decent public transport
>>
>>56179949
:(
>>
>>56179368
That's because no one actually has one of those old piece of shit cars.
>>
>>56177950
What a load of horse shit

>>56180138
Consumerist whore
>>
>>56177950
Yeah, wouldn't want to offend Mohammad with old cars
>>
Modern cars are botnets
>>
>>56180325
My car isn't. My car is open source. It crashes from time to time, but it's nothing a car mechanic and a trip to the hospital can't fix.
>>
Hopefully not in my lifetime. I'm all for self driving cars, but a choice should always exist.
>>
>>56177950
And where I live in Europe there are people driving even worse cars sometimes
>>
>>56178131
You must live in a fucking bubble then.

Humans are utterly terrible drivers, EVERY damn day riding a motorcycle you see stupid shit all the time. Humans are ignorant and careless, great mix with a few tons of fast moving death metal.
>>
>>56179586
this
why buy a car that stays 23h a day in the parking lot if you can order one with your phone to arrive at your doorstep and never have to worry about refueling, cleaning or inspecting it
>>
>>56183101
Not everyone's a gaywad that hates driving like you.
>>
>>56177725

Can't wait to see all the carfag tears when it finally happens.
>>
>>56183146
How would you? You never leave the basement anyway.
>>
I give it 10-20 years before human drives are uncommon. They'll be outright banned first in heavy vehicles - trucks, trains, and possibly aircraft. (commercial airliners are already at the point where the autopilot can fly the plane from takeoff until landing, they normally only disengage it to get the pilots flying time and practice landing) But it'll be another several decades before human drivers of private vehicles are outright prohibited. Too many classic-car enthusiasts.
>>
who else still rides horses for enjoyment?
>>
>>56183172
He'd lurk /o/, I imagine

>select all images with cars
>>
>>56183176
I used to but I'm not on good terms with my only friend with horses anymore
>>
>>56183176
I still ride your mom for enjoyment.
>>
>>56183172

>your grandchildren will not control a car outside of a private track
>>
>>56183503
We'll see.
>>
>>56177725
Never, because full 24/7 autonomy really isn't feasible. Cars and other vehicles are used for more than just simple A-B trips.

I can definitely see autonomy being required for certain accident-prone areas though, like interstates or crowded city streets, in 30-40 years (or more)
>>
>>56177950
Where I live they aren't and never will be. The power of anecdotes.

European cities have also never really been the bulk of car owners or a good judge as to the validity of cars.
>>
>>56177950
There are still people who drive cars made before the 1989 revolution here
>>
>>56183128
Yes, and not everyone was a gaywad who hated riding horses a hundred years ago when cars were invented, but luddites like you die out very quickly.
>>
>>56177725
>>
>>56184072
People still ride horses, people will still drive cars.
>>
>>56184125
Yeah, and like the horses, there will be heavy restrictions on where and how you're allowed to drive your obsolete transportation method.
>>
>>56184178
Sure thing kid
>>
>>56184072
>comparing autonomous driving to the jump from horses to cars
Jesus fuck you hipsters really are special, aren't ya? Get your dick out of your hand and think for a moment about what self-driving cars actually bring to the table for the common man that is even remotely equivalent to what cars did, go on.

Horses were expensive, they needed land, shelter, food, care, and other miscellaneous maintenance that a car needed none of. All autonomy offers is handholding for retards like you who can't get their heads out of their asses and pay attention to the world around them, driving isn't fucking hard, get over yourself.

>luddites
Nobody who uses this word on /g/ seems to actually know what it means, not that I should expect miracles from a retard who can't even wiki skim before he posts inane ad hominem attacks on an anime imageboard.
>>
>>56177796
Volvo said they will be responsible for their own cars.
>>
>>56179586
No it won't. Believe it or not, some people actually like to drive. I know it's hard for a basement dweller to understand but trust me, it's true.
>>
>we need to ban human drivers it'll be safer!
>AI bugs cause mass collisions
>we need to ban AI!
>people crash
>We need to ban human drivers!

how about you learn how to drive and give people the choice to use AI when they want you fucking idiots? the moment you try to take power away from people is when you can make them not accountable of any damage.
>>
>>56177725

>How many years until human drivers are made illegal?

Never. As automated cars become more sophisticated, more common, and begin communicating with each other, the roads will get continuously safer for EVERYONE.

It will be safer for passengers. Safer for pedestrians and cyclists. And safer for mistake-prone human drivers.

It's absurd how many traffic collisions are caused by people simply not fucking braking. Truly, it's astonishing. I regularly see people either refuse to brake out of righteous indignation ("he cut me off!"), poor reflexes, or sheer incompetency. Hell, it's 2016 and people STILL freak out when their ABS kicks in, so they release the goddamn brake pedal!

Here's a fine example of a Tesla doing what most humans wouldn't even know they *could* do:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9X-5fKzmy38
>>
>>56177950
Gotta keep that planned obsolescence going
>>
>>56184622
This 100%
>Corolla hits SUV behind me
>Woman in SUV does not brake whatsoever
>I was on the brakes before she hit me
>Saved the lucky fucker in front of me

I can't wait for people who see cars as an appliance to stop driving, enthusiasts can drive in peace and not have to worry about our beloved vehicles being rear-ended in traffic by texting retards.
>>
>>56184834

>be me
>be driving on country road
>more cars than usual since a graduation ceremony just let out
>car in front hits brakes harder than expected
>hit brakes, come to a stop with a couple feet to spare
>look in rearview mirror
>car behind me is going to stop just in time
>see that car's trunk bloom like a flower
>driver of minivan behind it was arguing with someone, didn't even try to slow
>plowed into car behind me
>oh shit
>take foot off brake
>put head against headrest
>BAM
>back on brake hard
>strong tap to the guy in front of me

People are so fucking retarded.

Every time I take my bicycle or motorcycle out, I have at least one near-accident thanks to someone either not seeing me when pulling out, wandering out of their lane, or turning left across my path. Bright gear, bright paint jobs, headlights, flashing lights, nothing wakes these motherfuckers up. And I've been very nearly run down while walking across crosswalks by people who are staring directly at me. They're literally asleep with their eyes closed.

Self-driving cars can't get here soon enough.
>>
>>56179201
The medical community will laugh in your face, but the courts will rule that you can _identify_ as LIDAR allergic and will get a special nobully permit to mow down pedestrians.
>>
>>56183174
It's very common to see 15 year old cars on the road today. Why will this change so dramatically?
>>
>>56178450
We already are. Automated cars are much better than humans. Even professional ones. Average one's are beyond retarded and no one will admit to it. I know i suck at driving and so are the dumb shits in front of me
>>
>>56177725
Can't happen fast enough.
Thread posts: 80
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.