[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

freaking wireless

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: 1470150566484.gif (374KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
1470150566484.gif
374KB, 1200x900px
How do I setup wireless in a very large house?

I have a router on the first floor of the house. Every room in the house is connected via cables that lead in the same switch, so I can get internet to the rooms.

I tried extenders but they suck because they are flaky and you can't put them in series. They need to be in the range of the router.

How to tackle this? I would prefer the same SSID in the whole house if it is possible.
>>
Not your fucking tech support

Google it faggot
>>
>>56176138
Make large holes in walls and floors, this will allow the signal to travel uninterrupted
>>
File: TL-WR941ND-02.jpg (371KB, 1280x1151px) Image search: [Google]
TL-WR941ND-02.jpg
371KB, 1280x1151px
If I setup access points and connect them to the router via wire, will SSID of the wireless network be the same and will the switching between APs be (somewhat) seamless when you walk with cellphone through the house?

Any recommendations for AP brands and models?

Pic is the router I have.
>>
/g/ is not tech support faggot
>>
Buy a better router or buy more routers and set up additional ones as access points, hardwired to the main router.
>>
>>56176207
SSID will be the same, if you buy good APs it will be seamless. I bought DLink AC access points for ~50$. They are great. My buddy bought Ubiquity APs for more money, but they are better(more user friendly)
>>
>>56176227
New fag with multiple routers
>>
Cover the inside of your home in tin foil. This provides excellent coverage since the Wi-Fi signals will bounce until they reach their destination instead of being blocked. It also has the additional benefit of shielding you from NSA and other agencies spying on you.
>>
>>56176152
fuck off, it's an interesting topic and this board exists to discuss shit like that.
>>
>>56176259
What do you mena with user friendliness? Should I stick with the same manufacturer? As far as I understand you don't set anything on the router, just on the AP? Though I can't understand how do APs tell router they will be providing the same wireless network with the same SSID/security.

Should I go with the cheapest option:
http://www.tp-link.com/en/products/details/TL-WA701ND.html

Or with rather expensive option which has multitude of features I don't know what they do:
http://www.tp-link.com/en/products/details/EAP320.html
>>
>>56176138

Buy a good access point and put it somewhere in central area.
>>
Nighthawk

/thread
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.