[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hello /g/. I would like to ask for some advice / recommendations.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: 1376239072335.jpg (351KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1376239072335.jpg
351KB, 1920x1080px
Hello /g/.

I would like to ask for some advice / recommendations.

Soon, I will have around a 1000 euro's (+/- 1150 dollars) to spend on technology related equipement.

I have been considering to upgrade my computer so that games might run a bit better.

However... I don't think it's absolutely necessary to upgrade it just yet, since I'm running with a GTX660 and FX8320 at the moment and it does the trick. Perhaps not on ultra or high settings but I guess it's not too bad knowing I'd blow all the money trough building an Intel machine with a better GPU.

I have also been considering a second monitor, which might come of great use. It won't be a very expensive one, most likely a 1920x1080 one because my current rig wouldn't be able to run games on a higher resolution than that. (I'd think at least...)

Going with the second option I would have about 2/3rd of the 1000 left for when something breaks or whatever...

What would you recommend me?
I'm curious to hear for ''inspiration'' purposes.

pic not related
>>
File: 1375760557332.jpg (505KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
1375760557332.jpg
505KB, 1680x1050px
>>56175565
Forgot to add...
If you come up with a recommendation on something I could also buy instead of the two examples I'd be happy to hear.
>>
>>56175565
I have a pretty similar build performance-wise.

I don't know about you, but my backlog of games that will run perfectly on this machine is massive. There isn't really a good justification for upgrading yet.

I am normally not a fan of multimonitor since multitasking basically induces ADHD. There's a good argument however if you use monitors for substantially different purposes (eg. one 144hzTN and one IPS/VA, or one landscape one portrait).

What about sound or peripherals?
>>
>>56175655
Hi there, thanks for your quick and well written reply.

I would use my main screen (1920x1080 IPS) for the game I'd be playing and the second one for internet, a movie or something like that whilst playing a game that does not require my full attention.

I'm using cheap Logitech speakers, not sure about the model but they're 2.0 (No sub)

And a Razer Carcharias (I know I know... Razer meme) as a headset. They work OK, nothing fancy but it does the job it's supposed to do.
>>
>>56175655
>>56175720
Sorry forgot to add, peripherals I use a Logitech MX Master wireless mouse which I really like, for a keyboard I use a Steelseries 6GV2 which isn't ideal but it works decently.
>>
>>56175720
>>56175742
Assuming you actually use those speakers, that would be my choice to upgrade. Get something intended for home stereo, not for computers. Computer speakers are almost universally shitty.
>>
>>56175871
Do you have any recommendations? I have to admit, I have no clue when it comes to sound related equipement.
>>
>>56175565
Is that chinese or japanese pic? I mean, what is that structure on the right hill?
>>
>>56176163
I don't know lad, sorry... Didn't take the picture, found it on the internet long ago.
>>
>>56176196
Ok, thanks sir.
>>
>>56176163
That is a Shinto gate on the hill.

They are Japanese.

>>56175871
I'm not that familiar with all the options - make a thread for it if you think that is what you want to get. Personally I have Klipsch RB-61 II bookshelf speakers paired with a Yamaha A-S500 amp and it is fantastic, but I don't know what prices are like in EU or how much you would actually want to spend on your setup.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.