[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How has Google docs treated you in college? Is it okay for a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: 1457920386780.jpg (43KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1457920386780.jpg
43KB, 600x600px
How has Google docs treated you in college?

Is it okay for a college student to simply stick with docs or should I cave and "buy" Office?
>>
Usually you can get it for free through your university.
>>
if it works it works. Otherwise get a LEGIT copy of windows office 2010 with microsoft toolkit to crack it
>>
Why? Here at Cambridge libreoffice is installed on the computers in the lab, so that's what I run on my laptop too.

Half the machines here run opensuse with gnome, too.
>>
>>56167927
it treated me very well. only ever needed office apps for powerpoint and excel, but the school had those installed on the computers in the labs so i didn't really need it.
>>
>>56167927
>should I cave and "buy" Office?

LibreOffice if you need a proper desktop client.
>>
>>56167927
If you're a college student then you should be able to get ms office for free
>>
Use libre office you little shit.
>>
It's fine. The main advantage is that I can work online and offline and not having to worry about USBs.

So, for me it just werks™
>>
>>56167927
>How has Google docs treated you in college?
I didn't use it in college, but I can't imagine why it wouldn't work fine.
>>
google docs theoretically should be fine but if your university provides office for free why not take advantage of it
>>
office '97 worked fine for me

i use libreoffice nowadays though. can google docs be used offline? college work doesn't demand much from an office suite
>>
>>56167927
My lab partner and I used google docs to collaborate on content and then we would just paste and format in a real document before submitting.
>>
>>56168014
>get a legit copy of office
>with that piece of closed source malware to crack it

:^^^^^^^^)
>>
>>56167927
Just install OpenOffice.
>>
I can get office 365 suite for free from my university but I seriously dont want that . All I want is word and excel
>>
I prefer WPS Office for school because it has better MS Office compatibility than LibreOffice and Docs.
>>
Pretty good, I just pirate Office of course.
>>
my workflow as an undergrad was to do google docs stuff with groups of people (generally collaborative papers) and then we might later move it to word or whatever and one person would do all the nice formatting. in retrospect i would probably have done it in latex if i knew what i know now (but obviously that's unfair).

i've hardly ever met an instructor who would really care that you turned in a PDF of a google docs document. just change the font and size to something normal (12pt Times New Roman or whatever) and go at it. if you're really worried about the look of the document, latex is honestly not *that* bad. there are a few things to learn, but you learn them once and then you're good.

and seriously if i could go back in time and redo my undergrad i would never waste another fucking minute figuring out citation shit. bibtex/biblatex is so insanely convenient that it's surreal how much of a difference there is.
>>
>>56171877
here as an example

i could offer the "template" but this is pretty trivial (and has a lot of extra packages you probably don't need).
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.