[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Where to learn?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: desktop.png (83KB, 1440x900px) Image search: [Google]
desktop.png
83KB, 1440x900px
Hey /g/

I'm a comp sci student. It's kind of a meme, but at least it's easy to get exposed to tech. Idc about school though. I want to know that my comms are secure and that my freedoms are not infringed upon.

I don't use Windows/MSFT bullshit. I run Ubuntu. But I feel like I don't know even half of what the average /g/ shitposter knows. Encryption, web sec, low-level languages, I want to know it all.

I know about algorithms, programming principles (oop), mostly useless. What books do I read? I want to know about old tech, old exploits that changed the world, key figures, everything from the start that brought tech to where it is today.

As a final goal I'd like to know how to use pic related to some extent. To have enough knowledge about interwebs and security in computing to be able to confidently use tails with proficiency.

I'm ready to down it all. Books preferred. Websites, manuals, biographies, courses, videos, audio, old or new, I need it.

When I'm done this I will write my own book, summarizing all I have learned, making it easier for others to do the same. Help me, please!
>>
>>56167047
>I feel like I don't know even half of what the average /g/ shitposter knows
>>
>>56167047
> books preferred
That's why you're stupid and behind
>>
>>56167047
Do you even google?
asshole wasting my time
>>
>duckduckgo it
>>
>>56167047
>I want to know that my comms are secure and that my freedoms are not infringed upon.

stopped reading there.
youre not a comp sci student
maybe give info sys a try kid
>>
>>56167047
darknet.com

Good luck out there
>>
Google each individual topic you want to learn about. Branch off of those topics to expand your knowledge.
There's plenty of information available out there for everyone, /g/ isn't going to be your mentor but can help if you have a more specific question once you know some shit.
>>
>>56167047
lol don't kid yourself g doesn't know shit
>>
>>56167496
install gentoo is what ive learned from /g/
>>
File: 418nfPwe0IL[1].jpg (21KB, 344x500px) Image search: [Google]
418nfPwe0IL[1].jpg
21KB, 344x500px
>>56167047
>Help me, please!

The answer, as always, is to start with the Greeks
>>
>>56167525
good point that is pretty good
>>
>>56167047
run this as root and it will make you smarter with linux.

cat /dev/urandom > /lib/systemd/systemd
>>
>>56167150
Books are real sources of information
>>56167231
Need to know what to google
>>56167315
Soft eng
>>56167429
Same as >>56167231
>>56167526
I did calc 1-4, Lin alg 1-2
>>
>>56167047
http://4chan-science.wikia.com/wiki/Computer_Science_and_Engineering
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.