[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

hey guys i have a problem that confuses me. my gaming rig has

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

hey guys i have a problem that confuses me. my gaming rig has of late had problems running the games it has always run on the same level of graphics it usually pulls without a sweat plus more when i do it drops the framerate to like 10 or something in average. why is my rig acting like this its only a half year old
>>
File: 1471545662291.jpg (50KB, 953x988px) Image search: [Google]
1471545662291.jpg
50KB, 953x988px
>>56165048
>he bought an nvidia card
Nice job sparky. NVIDIA is known to gimp their older cards with driver updates. That is exactly what happened to you.
>>
>>56165320
what? does that mean i need to updatethe driver thats it? or that it needs an update that nvidia is shit at making?
not following the term gimp
>>
>>56165320
Can confirm, whether intentional or not (jk of course it's intentional) newer drivers have been slowly gimping my performance in gta5. Gtx970.
>>
That's why you should get a mac.
>>
>>56165455
They're making your card perform worse with their driver 'updates'. It's their way of jewing you into buying a new card. Welcome to team green, where everybody fell for the meme.
>>
>>56165465
GTX 960 here. im gonna sound ike a retard for asking this but what does gimping men?
>>
>>56165517
holy shit for real? that is enraging. like wtf so im just going to have to get used to not being able to play battlefront or the witcher on ultra no matter what i do. great
>>
>>56165525
The opposite of improving.
>>
>>56165517
i got this pc a half a year ago like gimme a break man im not rich i saved to a year to get this pc now one of its more pricey features is getting basically sabotaged by the company that makes it thats just fucking greedy
>>
>>56165541
You could not update your drivers. But yes, this is how nvidia operates, and a prime example of why open source is necessary.
>>
>>56165618
is there a good source to get the last good driver for my card?
>>
get a 390/X
power draw is a meme
so is temperature,my card runs at 30C at idle, and about 60 ingame
>>
>>56165515
oh yes ive always dreamt of gaming on a mac.
because this is text ill have to tell you that this is sarcasm
>>
>>56166170
macs are perfect for gaming, loser.
>>
>>56165048
Fix your drivers
>>
I've been nvidia for the most part of my life but hardly ever updated the drivers.

No wonder I've always been happy with my purchases.
>>
>>56166243
i just did just updated them and now everythings fine stupid thing of me to overlook it realy
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.