[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Yet another budget question

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: asdasdasd.jpg (56KB, 800x533px) Image search: [Google]
asdasdasd.jpg
56KB, 800x533px
All fanboys aside, has anyone got any experience with the A10-7890k?

I am looking for a budget (£500) PC & am undecided whether to go with an APU or just an i3 6100 & GTX 950.

I am not too experienced with speccing a PC so hoping someone here can help? Will be running 8gb ram (1866 ddr3 with the APU & 2133 ddr4 with the i3).

It won't be used for anything too strenuous, mainly WoW Legion when it's out, occasionally some other MOBA games & general everyday use, potentially BF1 when it's out, how would it hold up with that?

Thanks in advance xx
>>
the i3 with the 950
>>
>>56161236
Thanks, any particular reason?

Am i just distracted with the fact the 7890 is newer & I thought using both would be better for a budget build?
>>
>>56161192
I've got Steam Machine with;

A10-7870K
F2A88XN-WIFI
8GB 1866MHz
MX200 250GB SSD
Antec ISK310-150

Had to buy a;

NH-L9x65

To quieten the fucking fan down, stock cooler was awful.

Going to get a picoPSU too to get rid of the trash, hot, noisy PSU it came with.

I play, Dota2, CS:GO etc.

I'd recommend getting faster memory, 2400MHz and you have to flash your mobo to get the most out of the APU.

AMA.
>>
>>56161251
Way better CPU and GPU.
>>
>>56161192
you could possibly get an i5 bundle deal for that then save up for a current generation gpu while getting by with its onboard
>>
Don't buy APU shit, you'll regret it.
>>
Think most people can agree cheaper CPU and GPU is better than an A10. Look for bundles and stuff.
>>
Thanks guys, appreciate it.
>>
>>56161396
A10-7890K has the new, good cooler, unlike A10-7870K. So he probably wouldn't have to buy any.

For APU, get 2133 MHz DDR3 if possible (if it isn't costing too much). Dual-rank (double-sided) modules help, they virtually add one speed bin on top of the frequency.
>>
>>56161192

Processor over graphics.

get gtx 780, and i5.

thank me later.
>>
>>56164212
100% meme
gpu over CPU actually if you're not a fucking idiot
>>56161192
never listen to advice from /g/
>>
>>56161192
I got a corsair carbide 01, it's gigabyte mob 8gb ddr4 2133 gtx960 2gb 1tb ssd disk drive and i5 6400 all for 395 pounds from a lovat builder for 500 he would do a 970 please don't get jewed and spend 500 on an i3 and 950
>>
>>56161192
mediocre at best. I love AMD, but that processor really isn't very good.

If you're only playing MOBAs you should be okay, but beyond that it's just not worth it.

>>56161396
has great advice. Faster memory is great for APUs because of the built in GPU.

>>56161826
This is basically what I'm saying, in more or less words.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.