[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dumbphone thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3

File: 1458451954089.jpg (75KB, 809x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1458451954089.jpg
75KB, 809x1000px
Who here on /g/ uses a simple dumbphone rather than a smartphone?
>>
Hipsters
>>
just why
>>
Poorfag detected
>>
>>56159019
Yep.
>>
Unless you're a drug dealer, what's the need for a flip phone?
>>
>>56159019
i use one for my secondary number
i knew a guy that used one because he carried his netbook everywhere
>>
Only hipster trash
>>
>>56159035
Getting bored with my smartphone and been thinking about using a flip phone again. I don't even call anyone much, this thing is just a mobile 4chan posting device at this point.
>>
>>56159100
>I don't even call anyone much, this thing is just a mobile 4chan posting device at this point.

Even more of a reason to NOT switch to a device which is only good for calls and not browsing 4chan
>>
>>56159100
>I don't even call anyone much, this thing is just a mobile 4chan posting device at this point
So you want to switch to a phone that pretty much only does calls and texts?

lol k
>>
>>56159116
I can live without mobile posting, plus I won't be paying for an as expensive device
>>
>>56159134
You don't do ANYTHING else with it? Check e-mails, online banking, weather, news, gps, various other very helpful things they do?
>>
>>56159134
But again: why? Saying that you can live without a feature doesn't mean that you WANT to live without the feature. And it would cost money to buy a new phone, it doesn't cost any money to keep the one you've already paid for.
>>
>>56159150
Sometimes I might check weather and news, but rest almost never. I use desktop for that.
>>
>>56159155
Data costs money also, money for features you're not using.
>>
>>56159209
I don't know what kind of plan you are on but I don't pay for data if I don't use data.
>>
>>56159173
the only two reasons i see to have a flip phone in a modern society is to either A) save money or B) you are very introverted and dont want people to contact you easily
>>
>>56159271
C) You need a burner phone
>>
File: Samsung_champ.jpg (421KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
Samsung_champ.jpg
421KB, 1280x960px
>>56159120
>So you want to switch to a phone that pretty much only does calls and texts? lol k
Exactly, these are what phones are made for
Not him but this is what I'm currently using.
>>
>>56159301
The Samsung Champ was one of the most miserable phones I had the experience of using

If you have/want to use a dumb phone, for the love of god don't use a touch screen one, they're always shit

>Exactly, these are what phones are made for
But he said he doesn't even use it as a phone, only for shitposting2go
>>
File: nokia 105.jpg (56KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
nokia 105.jpg
56KB, 700x700px
>>56159019
Pic related.

Got it because my 5110 died after like 15 years. Otherwise I'd be using that.
>>
>>56159293
Forgot about drug dealers my bad
>>
>>56159312
idk what you're doing with your phone but shit still works since 2010
>>
>>56159335
Touchscreen dumb phone operating systems are shit

Resistive touchscreens are shit
>>
I knew a 1337 haxxorz guy in high school that bought himself a moshimoshi~ DoCoMo phone. It was pretty basic, but had a nice camera and could browse the web. Maybe you could look into that.
>>
>>56159359
>dumb phone operating systems
>why the hell would I care about the OS with a dumb phone
>>
>>56159380
Sluggish performance in combination with a resistive touchscreen is too much for me bear tbqh
>>
>>56159019
I'm so unique and different! :D
>>
>>56159416
I'm not bragging about it to anyone. It can send SMS and I can call people with it.

That's all I really need.

Also no malware.
>>
>>56159416
Pretty much. Just stfu and use a smartphone. Years ago you'd shit your pants for this kind of technology and now you're too good for it? Christ.
>>
>>56159134
>not just swapping to a cheaper plan and keeping your current phone so you can shitpost over wifi
>>
>>56159455
>wifi
>not connecting to your router over ethernet
>>
>>56159134
There are Android devices for less than $100, the blu amazon phone costs 60 which is very cheap. You'll have to debloat it but that takes half an hour only. The only reason anyone would ever get a dumbphone is >>56159293
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.