[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Help a bro out, Rate me build please

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

File: build.png (103KB, 755x906px) Image search: [Google]
build.png
103KB, 755x906px
Help a bro out,

Rate me build please
>>
For what purpose do you build the PC?
>>
a laptop with an i7 and a 1070 cost 1500$

you're paying 2 times more for a weaker build
>>
>>56156742

pro
>2400 MHz CL15

con
>i7
>1070
>$229 keyboard

2/10
>>
>>56156773
A bit of AAA gaming,
Study,
Virtualization, VMs, GNS3
Browsing Internet
>>
>>56156783

whats wrong with i7, 1070 ?

Sorry I've been out of the loop of new hardware for ages
>>
>>56156779
>you're paying 2 times more for a weaker build
Not OP, but that looks like PCCG, which is an Australian PC company. Those prices are all in AUD$ which will be higher than USD$.
>>
>>56156779
can you please give an example?
>>
>>56156831
Yeah its PCCG, its AUD prices :(
>>
>>56156835
>Asus ROG G502VS-FY032T - i7 - 8 Go - SSD - GTX 1070 - IPS - Full HD

and it's a desktop gpu on a laptop, not a mobile serie
>>
>>56156847
>its AUD prices :(
Sadly PCCG are the cheapest we can get. How much is shipping going to cost you for all of that? I'm in Cairns, so on small orders I pay like minimum $70 shipping.
>>
>>56156925
I'm in VIC, $72

I'm too scared to pull the trigger just yet, especially since everyone here "poo pooed" it :/
>>
i thought australians were rich but if everything likes this what's the point in having so much money?

maybe china and japan are onto something with their hyperinflated currencies
>>
>>56156806
i7 is a huge waste of money for your workload
1070 is way overpriced

>>56156785
>Virtualization, VMs
for light usage, an i5 is more than capable
for heavy usage, a second hand xeon is more cost-effective
>AAA gaming
RX480 is less than AUD$450
>>
>>56156996
My thinking was that if I will need to upgrade CPU, I will need to upgrade Motherboard at which point I might as well get new PC. So if I buy something OP now this will last me for next 5-6 years
>>
>>56156988
>i thought australians were rich
No. The median average earnings of an Australian each year is around AUD$50k, whereas the government uses mean average earnings of around AUD$74k. Basically the government lies about the economy to make people think things are better than they really are.
>>
>>56156996
>RX480 is less than AUD$450
And freesync monitors are around half the cost of gsync monitors.
>>
>>56156958
Try your local MSY for cheaper prices,
There pretty decent in Adelaide even with the chinks
>>
Gaming motherboard is a lie and will not do fucking shit for you.

I'm sure you can find a cheaper one with DDR4 and the same cpu socket.
>>
>>56157259
>MSY
>cheaper
pick one
the only cheap deals they do is on shit nobody wants to buy
>>
>>56157259
CPL,PCCASEGEAR, Centrecom and MSY in that order are the ones i have had the best luck with prices over the years.
>>
>>56156742
>i7
Waste for gaming
>M.2 SSD
Waste
>Seasonic
Waste
>ITX
Waste
>Corsair KB
Waste
>B150 for overclocking
Retarded
>Cheap RAM for overclocking
Retarded

Just go ask whirlpool you gigga nigger.
>>
>>56157323
Only bought from MSY because I didn't want to pay for shipping form pccg. They had everything I wanted anyways. Adelaide really doesn't have any other choice for a local store in the city.
>>
Seriously no one commenting on the fact he's buying a K processor for a B150 motherboard?
>>
File: pc.png (40KB, 761x903px) Image search: [Google]
pc.png
40KB, 761x903px
Will this work? Just want 1080p, GTAV, BF1, etc
>>
1070 wont be enough to run that monitor
>>
>>56157413
Since i'm building a new PC wouldn't I want the best CPU at that moment so it would be the last thing i need to upgrade?
>>
>>56157466
>upgrading
>an unlocked processor

Just get a non-k processor and be done with it. Obviously you just slapped those parts around without research. If you upgrade your processor to a new chipset, you also need to upgrade your mobo

Points to consider
>k vs non-k processor
>processor-mobo relationship
>mobo-ram relationship (clockspeed)

Also, why the fuck are you even considering m.2 ssd
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.