[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

El Capitan

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

File: OS X El Capitan-970-80.jpg (131KB, 725x408px) Image search: [Google]
OS X El Capitan-970-80.jpg
131KB, 725x408px
So disappointed with this release. They took out so many features for no reason.
>>
>>56155718
but brah it just werks, you don't "features".
>>
>>56155718
They wil be back in Sierra, don't worry.
>>
So that's where MS got the idea
>>
>moving three finger drag to accessibility options
REEEEEE
>>
>>56155718
But still gotta love how indestructible are Macbooks

You know what they say, if the shit can't be destroyed it was made for idiots
>>
>>56156107
Thinkpads?
>>
>>56155718
What did they remove?
>>
File: 20160819_140835.jpg (2MB, 4128x2322px) Image search: [Google]
20160819_140835.jpg
2MB, 4128x2322px
>>56156107
>indestructible
>>
>>56157909
>Remove cover
>Put the cover, reversed, on a flat surface
>Hit the spot with a rubber hammer
There.
>>
>>56156107
>aluminium
>indestructible
wew lad
>>
>>56157909
>dent is unevenly fixed
>Warrany is also void
It's like Apple doesn't want you to self repai.
>>
File: images.duckduckgo.com(3).jpg (29KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
images.duckduckgo.com(3).jpg
29KB, 480x360px
>>56157926
Great idea
>>
>>56157506
Will this get an answer?
>>
>>56155718
i have my first imac bought this year and it has this os, what do you mean "this release", like the last update? or is it only for new computers? i mean if i install the latest OS X updates will i miss those features?
>>
>>56155718
What features did they remove?
>>
>>56158464
>>56157506
OP?
>>
>>56158461
They didn't remove shit, Yosemite fucking sucks. Run Mavericks or El Cap. If you're running Yosemite you shouldn't be.
>>
>>56158461
El Capitan has a bunch of things for the regular user hidden/gone compared to previous versions of macOS (Yosemite, Mavericks,etc). Installing later versions of El Capitan only should improve stability and include security updates. OP meant this release as in El Capitan as a whole. As >>56155858 said, Sierra (which will be the next release of macOS) should come with a lot of improvements on El Capitan, including a bunch of the features they 'took out' with El Capitan.
>>
>>56159041
Things like what?
>>
>>56159073
My CP collection was erased when I updated
>>
>>56159073
For example, El Capitan removed RAID setup in Disk Utility, and also butchered partitioning in Disk Utility. With Sierra, there's a RAID assistant built into Disk Utility and partitioning can now be done without a clunky interface.
>>
Anyone find any good apps lately?
>>
>>56159103
Is this joke about this urban legend of a mac user accidentally opening CP with the Photos app and getting them automatically streamed to friends and family? I think I heard something about that.
>>
>>56159041
Sierra is easily the smallest OS X "update" ever if you don't use Siri. It certainly didn't add back any old features... other than the Disk Utility, but I'd argue it doesn't count because Apple shipped an alpha-phase redesign with El Capitan instead of actually finishing it.
>>
>>56159190
>but I'd argue it doesn't count because Apple shipped an alpha-phase redesign with El Capitan instead of actually finishing it.
No they didn't. That was arguably Yosemite and even if it was better than what could be consider alpha.
>>
>>56155718

>for no reason

The other way around, the fact they are pushing the iPad pro and saying 'thats all you need' while gimping and keeping their Mac hardware outdated means they want iOS to be king and Mac fags won't complain if the continue doing it smoothly
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.