[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is better for carpal tunnel (and other wrist-related injuries)

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 6

File: zrJOiXf[1].png (328KB, 514x571px) Image search: [Google]
zrJOiXf[1].png
328KB, 514x571px
What is better for carpal tunnel (and other wrist-related injuries) prevention? Trackpoint, touchpad, trackball, vertical mouse, or just regular mouse?
>>
>>56143040
Exercise after work you fat piece of shit.
>>
>>56143040
trackball

/thread
>>
I have carpal tunnel. In order of comfort (as in, least pain/tingly awfulness) I'd personally rate them:

Graphics Tablet > Trackpoint > Trackball > Touchpad > Regular Mouse

With graphics tablet and trackpoint occasionally swapping places. Trackball is the best if you actually want to get work done.
>>
>>56143059
But most sports that relies heavy on the wrist (like tennis) also causes carpal tunnel syndrome. Or are you saying that just jogging and stuff should prevent the CTS?
>>
oh my god why did i try that
>>
>>56143427
I tried that and nothing happened

then again i'm hypermobile
>>
>>56143449
you lucky fuck

i have hitchhiker thumbs you wouldn't believe but that's about it
>>
I switched to a vertical mouse, it works pretty good desu senpai.
>>
>>56143449
Tried it too, nothing happened. What is it supposed to do?
>>
File: 1464638001173.jpg (19KB, 335x363px) Image search: [Google]
1464638001173.jpg
19KB, 335x363px
>>56143111
general weight lifting and farmers carry's - anything that strengthens the grip/forearm will help prevent/treat these types of injury's.

most people in tech are fat or hungry skeleton mode.
>>
>>56143040
>>>/out/
>>
>>56143449
>>56143544
You're supposed to twist your wrist down as hard as you can
>>
>>56143563
>general weight lifting
can also fuck your wrist up really nicely

pushing movements (bench press, overhead press) put a ton of pressure on the wrists, definitely not good for them
anything involving a front rack position (cleans, front squats) is gonna fuck you up as well

pulls are the only really wrist-safe movement type
>>
>>56143059
This, doing focus t25 myself, bretty good
>>
>>56143663
in that case, deadlifts 5 lyfe
>>
>>56143744
>>56143724
>>56143663
you're all exercising wrong.
if you really want ripped wrists, do what is shown in the OP pic, but put something in your hand first and grip it as hard as you can.
A penis works well.
>>
>>56143040
>What is better for carpal tunnel prevention?
Not being a pussy and manning the fuck up.
>>
>>56145590
haha totally xd
>>
>>56143040
evoluent, my niqqa
>>
>trackball
>Literally a testicle
When i come to power i will gas all teackball users
>>
>>56143040
your dick
>>
FUCK YOU OP
IM POSTING IN THE HOSPITAL!
>>
File: ms_trackball_explorer-3.jpg (42KB, 524x642px) Image search: [Google]
ms_trackball_explorer-3.jpg
42KB, 524x642px
>>56143040
Ergonomi trackball.
Unfortunately, they don't make any anymore.
>>
i wanna do whats in that pic but im scared it might fuck me up, is there any advantage to it, does it just hurt or does it do real damage?

i draw, play an instrument and program so i really dont want to fuck my hands
>>
>>56146483
These are still around in various forms where I live. Also on ali and the like which function OK.

For wrist exercise I'd recommend pic related.
>>
>>56143040
>pic related
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Finkelstein%27s_test
>>
I got lessons from a piano teacher so I can sit and play (read: type) on the keyboard with proper form
>>
>>56147141
And if you look to your left you can see natural selection at work. Very beautiful
>>
>prevention
Just a better posture and position of your hands, wrist, and arms.
If it hurts or you feel sore after working or regular computer use, you're doing something wrong.
Ideally you want to rest as much arm and wrist possible, instead of holding it up.
So while some people like having their keyboard floating or to the edge of the table, same with the mouse, it's actually pretty bad.

Also for me, in regards to mouse use, what always helped the most is to set the sensitivity so high that I can use the mouse with only my fingers, never my wrist. If I have to use lower sensitivity then I make sure I use the mouse with the whole arm, never with the wrist.
>>
File: serveimage.jpg (148KB, 1983x1108px) Image search: [Google]
serveimage.jpg
148KB, 1983x1108px
>>56143040
>or just regular mouse
if you have RSI or CT, MM is the best. trust me on this one, I've tried it all.
>>
>don't have any wrist pain
>switch to an ergonomic mouse to be proactive
>sudden wrist pain

What have I done?
>>
>>56143040
oh balls ouch fuck shits
>>
File: 1470791583583.jpg (536KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
1470791583583.jpg
536KB, 720x960px
Don't use a mouse and use Vim bindings for everything you can.
>>
>>56147141
>>56149692
>>
>>56143059
This. Lifting does wonders for your wrists.
>>
>>56143663
jesus, you must be really fat to be so offended by someone suggesting you work out

As long as you're doing a program and warming up it'll be fine.

And "wrists" aren't one thing. The compression that occurs with pushing exercises won't injure the carpal tunnel, which is on the other side from the area receiving the pressure of the bar.
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.