[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Program Cancels It's Own Uninstallation

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 1

File: plshelp.jpg (983KB, 2736x1742px) Image search: [Google]
plshelp.jpg
983KB, 2736x1742px
This program called Stack Player pops up ads on my shit and I can't uninstall it normally.

What do /g/?
>>
>>56138172
delete system 32
>>
Install gentoo
>>
Disable it in browser, perhaps?
>>
>>56138194
>>56138243
PLS GUYS HELP
>>
>>56138172
Revo uninstaller free or iobit uninstaller.
Next question
>>
>>56138172
Why did you install it then?
>>
>>56138269
>windows
You know what to do.
>>
Open task manager, right click on process open folder location. End the process and delete the folder and all it files that the program has. Open msconfig and uncheck the now deleted program. Install gentoo
>>
Guys it canceled my revo unstaller installation. I alsa have a fuckton more ad shit like a facebook and netflix app on my desktop wtf pls someone help me.
>>
>>56138172
>winblows 10
lol

Try in safe mode.
>>
malwarebyte that shit, then reboot in safe mode and use ccleaner to clean uninstall it, then clean all temps and shit from registry, reboot again and rescan with malwarebytes, if nothing found do another pass with ccleaner to be sure tmps got properly deleted, then reboot in normal mode.
>>
>>56138535
>Open msconfig and uncheck the now deleted program. Install gentoo
>not using regedit to remove it from startup
>not using regedit to remove it from add/remove programs
>not accounting for files it may have dropped in other directories
>not accounting for any services it may have registered
Just deleting the program directory is one of the dumbest things you can do.
>>
Haha windopes, i looooool erry tiem
>>
>>56138172
The Apple MacBook Pro with Retina Display doesn't have this problem.
>>
Install gentoo ?
>>
>>56138172
Shut down all it's services, get "unlocker" if you have no idea how to and just right click on the program's folder and unlock it.
Install "your uninstaller" and try uninstalling it that way.
If you can't do shit install windows 7 or 8.1
>>
>>56139666
I know it can leave behind unwanted remains, hopefully those remains don't do any harm. The real solution to OP's problem is perhaps getting an antivirus and scanning his system for virussen. It's prob in some malware database. But I believe even antivirus leave some files behind. Once you have a virus the only thing that 100% removes it is uninstalling windows and install gentoo
>>
>>56139666
A friend a long long time ago uninstalled programs on windows by removing the icons from the desktop and thought that was it.
>>
I can't believe people still put up with this bullshit in Windows. Aren't you fucking sick and tired of it by now?
>>
>>56140211
>in Windows
No, I'm pretty sure it is in the applications themselves.
>>
>>56138172
wow... so... this... is... the... power... of... windows
>>
>>56141074
Why are you typing like you are getting fucked?
>>
>>56141095
Probably because he uses Windows
>>
>>56140211
how is it windows', or any other OS' fault, when the user installs crapware?
>>
>>56141095
it's a meme you dip
>>
>>56138172
AdwCleaner m8, use it.
>>
>>56138284
>iobit

Why not just send your hard drive to China's People's Republican Army?
>>
>pokemon go
>skype
>stack player
>steam
>undertale
>vlc
>whatsapp
>winrar
>zd soft screen recorder
>>
>>56138172
Why people are still using weird OS like OSX or Windows?
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.