[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's /g/'s stance on Freelancing as a profession?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: ifyXlse.jpg (489KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
ifyXlse.jpg
489KB, 1920x1200px
What's /g/'s stance on Freelancing as a profession?
>>
>>56137180

>Millennial """"job""""

NEETs give themselves this title so they feel useful and not guilty about using mums basement
>>
>>56137180
You can't earn a living by freelancing, unless you are in India, in which case, you should kill yourself.
>>
>>56137252
>You can't earn a living by freelancing

How did you come to that conclusion?
>>
>>56137262
Because Indians do the same job for the third of the price.
>>
A coworker of mine did it for a decade before coming to work here. Seems he made a pretty decent living on it, but the dude's smart as hell and a diligent worker. If you can make money doing it, go for it.
>>
The main problem is getting a client base so you can't fuck up your first few jobs that much.

It's a high risk but high reward way of living. You'll either end up making ~$500 a month or reaping through thousands depending on skills and luck.

My advice is to becoming super fucking good at one thing and sell that.
>>
>>56137434
I've heard that for a while now and believed it until I met a few freelancers who are racking in the bank with clients who were burned by cheap indian outsourcing.

If you were to make the choice between working for an employer who takes a portion of the value you produce for clients, or freelancing where you keep everything but have to do everything from finding clients to keeping them, what would you do?
>>
>>56137607
People get around not simply for having low prices. Word of mouth gets around to the client's relatives and friends and those people become your clients as well. You're selling your image and unfortunately for foreigners they simply can't compete with a white dude or any other assimilated person in the States.
>>
>>56137496
>luck
Learn2network with people.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.