[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should I buy a laptop with AMD processor? Is it much worse than intel?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 6

File: AMD-FX-Processors.jpg (54KB, 960x832px) Image search: [Google]
AMD-FX-Processors.jpg
54KB, 960x832px
Should I buy a laptop with AMD processor? Is it much worse than intel?
>>
File: IMG_3001.png (210KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3001.png
210KB, 640x1136px
>>
File: IMG_2999.png (163KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2999.png
163KB, 640x1136px
>>
>>56131665
>>56131686
This is fake right
>>
>>56131665
Link??
>>
File: no.png (1MB, 1169x800px) Image search: [Google]
no.png
1MB, 1169x800px
>>56131130
>AMD
>>
>>56131130
AMD APUs for notebooks are far superior than i3 bullshit.
>>
>>56131878
>>56131819

no there are some pretty crazy deals at walmart right now. you can only see them with the app though

>download walmart phone app
>search laptop
>tap "At your store"
>select local store
>shit bricks

you can only buy these in-store. online/mobile ordering is not possible
>>
My understanding is that the AMD hardware isn't so bad itself, it's just that laptop manufacturers only use it in the shittiest products imaginable. For instance, the only AMD-powered Thinkpads available are the shitty budget versions of the shitty budget series.
>>
>>56132831
Intel always had better perforamce and thermals/batterly life on mobile. Back then when athlon64 ruled the dekstop, amd had nothing to put against pentium M.
>>
>>56131887
Stop shilling, my sister has an AMD CPU laptop she bought like 1 year ago.

Its fucking crap, it takes 10 min to boot.
>>
>>56132910
Boot times are more dependent on HDD read speeds than anything else. My crappy laptop with a C-50 boots in about 11 seconds with a SSD.
>>
>>56132910
man this is dumb

>my sister has an amd cpu laptop she bought and it has a shit cpu therefore all the amd cpu's are shit

>i used the weakest intel cpu one time so all intel cpu's are shit

Awful logic.

Some of the AMD laptop CPU's are fine (depending on the price)

They're pretty good in budget laptops. I have a 220 bux laptop with an A8-8600p APU and you're going to have no trouble at all with that for most things.

It's all about price/performance/expectation
>>
File: 1471295379877.png (297KB, 423x718px) Image search: [Google]
1471295379877.png
297KB, 423x718px
>>56132910
I have pentium 1 PC that boots in something around five seconds (if i'll skip memory check, boots to dos 5.0). So - if you have longer boot times, my computer has better CPU than yours. Logical conclusion.
>>
>>56132910
Screenshot the services and startup tab on msconfig
>>
>>56132910
>my sister

Found your problem
>>
processor? no
AMD APU? yes
>>
>>56131130

It's not that the AMD proc is so much worse, it's that the they typically comes paired with shit-tier non-SSD storage, and 4GB's ram.

If you can get one with SSD, decent resolution and 8GB+ of ram, then you're in good shape.

The CPU is hardly the bottleneck.
>>
>>56137817
Shill
>>
AMD is decent in desktops, but holy shit, DO NOT BUY AN AMD LAPTOP! They are fucking horrible! It took them until like 2014 to make a single processor better then the worst i3!
>>
If your life is in the dumps, go with AMD.
>>
no and yes respectively
>>
>>56131130

AMD makes great processors as does Intel. What you need to look at is use. Is it for school and word processing? Is it for games? Is it for editing? Is it for just a few basic web page views from Google once in a blue moon?

Both processors are better for different uses. If you plan to upgrade shit etc etc, Intel would probably be a better way to go as with gaming. AMD holds its own pretty well despite Intel being king. So I guess firstly figure out your computing priorities and go with what suits your needs.

And that research I will leave to you OP. Because I am going to sleep. I gotta be up in 4 hours.

Peace /g/
>>
>It's all about price/performance/expectation
This.

How much do you want to spend? How important are graphics? How much do you know about what you're getting from AMD?

I'll tell you flat out, that AMD FX and APUs are bullshit. BUT, they're economical bullshit, and if you know what to expect, you shouldn't be disappointed. Keep in mind that half the "cores" are bullshit cores(look up AMD's lawsuit), so a 6-core is actually a 3-core, an 8-core is a memeass 4-core. Like he said though, it's about price, performance and expectation. Start by telling us what you want OP.
>>
File: laughing-hysterically.gif (436KB, 200x150px) Image search: [Google]
laughing-hysterically.gif
436KB, 200x150px
>>56138171
>AMD makes great processors
>>
>>56138767
> Intel makes even greater compilers
>>
Intel for wuality, AMD if you're cheap.

If you're planning on gaming, especially if you plan on using emulation then don't go AMD. If you are just using it to browse the web, write office documents, or whatever then it won't hurt to go AMD and save money.
>>
>>56139414
>laptop
>gayming
No
>>
>>56132910
Probably an E1 or E2
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.