[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

hmm really makes you think....

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: Screenshot_20160817_225806.png (70KB, 517x579px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160817_225806.png
70KB, 517x579px
POST YOUR RUNNING TIMES, if you get 0.000s you are literally god tier,
The problem category is Dynamic programming, submit it at uvaonlinejudge.

Statement
It’s commonly known that the Dutch have invented copper-wire. Two Dutch men were fighting over
a nickel, which was made of copper. They were both so eager to get it and the fighting was so fierce,
they stretched the coin to great length and thus created copper-wire.
Not commonly known is that the fighting started, after the two Dutch tried to divide a bag with
coins between the two of them. The contents of the bag appeared not to be equally divisible. The Dutch
of the past couldn’t stand the fact that a division should favour one of them and they always wanted
a fair share to the very last cent. Nowadays fighting over a single cent will not be seen anymore, but
being capable of making an equal division as fair as possible is something that will remain important
forever...
That’s what this whole problem is about. Not everyone is capable of seeing instantly what’s the
most fair division of a bag of coins between two persons. Your help is asked to solve this problem.
Given a bag with a maximum of 100 coins, determine the most fair division between two persons.
This means that the difference between the amount each person obtains should be minimised. The
value of a coin varies from 1 cent to 500 cents. It’s not allowed to split a single coin.

Input
A line with the number of problems n, followed by n times:
• a line with a non negative integer m (m ≤ 100) indicating the number of coins in the bag
• a line with m numbers separated by one space, each number indicates the value of a coin.

Output
The output consists of n lines. Each line contains the minimal positive difference between the amount
the two persons obtain when they divide the coins from the corresponding bag.

Sample Input
2 3 5
1 2 4 6
Sample Output
>>
>>56128927
#!/usr/bin/python3

diffs = []

for _ in range(int(input())):
input();
coins = [int(x) for x in input().split(' ')]
coins.sort()
coins.reverse()

diff = 0
for x in coins:
diff = (diff - x) if diff > 0 else (diff + x)

diffs.append(diff)

print(*diffs, sep="\n")

not gonna make an account for this, so i'd be glad if you could post my result here
>>
>>56129311
forgot the abs, so make it
    diffs.append(abs(diff))

instead
>>
>>56128927
>uvaonlinejudge
fuck that piece of shit.
declaring my answer as wrong when i forgot to add a newline. FUck you online judge
>>
>>56129333
>>56129311
sorry lad, not gonna ruin my stats ; )
>>
>>56129311
you don't need to make an account if you just want to know your solution is correct
https://www.udebug.com/UVa/562
>>
>Dynamic programming
>shit you go through once during algorithms course
How about a real world problem, like optimal assigning of Pajeets to dedicated shitting streets?
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.