[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How likely am I to get caught for placing a RAT on someone's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: maxresdefault.jpg (176KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
176KB, 1920x1080px
How likely am I to get caught for placing a RAT on someone's PC and extracting data? Am I likely to get arrested? I would assume most police department's IT security personnel is lacking and they wouldn't even know where to begin but I'd rather not lose my job.
>>
you'll get the book thrown at you if you get caught because judges are literally scared of technology
>>
Trivial to detect. Trivial to stick the charges on you. As an added bonus. the CFAA applies.

Source: Law Enforcement.
>>
>>56122186
It's punishable by up to one year in prison, but I doubt they'd go that far.

>>56122212
Calling bullshit on this, there's plenty of RATs available that are undetectable by the OS or AV itself, so the crime could never even be reported in the first place. If the data is being sent through a VPN tunnel to a remote server how would the Podunk police force find me exactly?
>>
>>56122234

If it's across state lines it's a federal investigation.
>>
>>56122234
>It's punishable by up to one year in prison, but I doubt they'd go that far.

You are naive as fuck if you believe that you can only get a maximum of one year. You'd take the plea deal of 5 years to avoid 30, but part of the plea deal is no computer access for 10 years after release.
>>
>>56122308
>LEO knows shit about law
Florida statute that relates to this says it's a first degree misdemeanor, which is punishable by maximum of one year.

>>56122262
Nah locally, some random guy, no one important.

Anyone have any real experience with this?
>>
lol @ >>56122337

again, the CFAA applies, and if federal gets involved youre going to kick yourself in the ass when you hear the time involved.

examples have to be made. when a forensic team subpoenas the isp, takes the machines, etc. the best route you can take is to describe everything you did so everyone's jobs are easier, making your time in prison a little less.
>>
File: 1447898996902.jpg (63KB, 477x539px) Image search: [Google]
1447898996902.jpg
63KB, 477x539px
>>56122535
>Butthurt LEO that knows he couldn't catch me
>>
I wanr a pet rat little bastards are adorable
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.