[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Best Language For Game Development?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 5

File: hng.png (205KB, 238x373px) Image search: [Google]
hng.png
205KB, 238x373px
I'm leaning Python, but I hear it can make the finished product a bit slow
>>
/thread
>>
>>>/vg/agdg
>>
well technically python can make games

but if you want to make something current you'll probably want to switch, otherwise if you're happy making pong you can learn from scratch in a couple hours in pygame
>>
I wish Cleopatra looked a bit more Greek.
>>
>>56119969
Why do they always try to make Cleopatra look darker or more Egyptian? There are even people who believe she was black.
>>
C# or C++

id roll with C#
>>
>>56120045
Was she not Egyptian ?
>>
Learn C++ instead

Python is horrible for games
>>
>>56120132
She's a descendant of a Macedonian general.
>>
>>56120045
you mean...we was kings?
>>
>>56120132
She was an Egyptian queen but her dynasty was Greek. Her ancestor Ptolemy I Soter took control of Egypt and much of the Levant following the death of Alexander the Great.

She was an exceedingly inbred Greek. For example, her mother was not only her father's cousin but also his niece. And her first two husbands were her brothers, both named Ptolemy.
>>
>>56120210
Interesting, thanks.
>>
>>56120132
The Jews are from Egypt.

If african americans claim to have been Egyptian kings, then they are affirming that they persecuted Jews...
>>
Lua seems to be the most popular scripting language in use.
But if you're referring to building the engine or other low level stuff instead of game logic then C++ is your best bet
>>
C++, C#, Lua, nobody makes games in Python
>>
>>56119676
Just use Unity. It's in C#, so it's still got that friendly appeal, plus it takes care of rendering for you.
>>
Gawd, C# is the worst you guys.

It's like .Net raped C++ with big black Java dildo and C# was what born of that.
>>
>>56121398
Yeah fuck C#

Nothing fucking works in Unity
>>
File: 1459935792235.jpg (51KB, 640x474px) Image search: [Google]
1459935792235.jpg
51KB, 640x474px
>>
File: check em.jpg (48KB, 625x603px) Image search: [Google]
check em.jpg
48KB, 625x603px
>>56121427
>>56121398
So Python then?
>>
>>56120426
Jews were from the levant, not Egypt, and there is actually no archaeological or historical evidence for Jewish enslavement in Egypt. Moses and the story of coming to the promised land are latter day Hebrews mythologizing their history.
>>
>>56121504
no use Unity and c#

they ARE shit and python is a better language,

but you probably want a job and thats what firms develop with
>>
>>56119676
>tfw Civ waifus are better than ever
Who needs Nippon when you have for firaxis?
>>
>>56121445
lmao this is good
>>
>>56119676
>>27960384
>>
File: 1388286065324.png (56KB, 186x200px) Image search: [Google]
1388286065324.png
56KB, 186x200px
>>56121552
>Python is better than C#
>>
just pick one there's plenty of frameworks and libraries to do it it in practically any language not made explicitly for the web
>>
>>56121553
I hate it when my waifu surprise attacks me
>>
>>56119676
All interpreted languages are bad for larger games, if you don't know where to start use a game engine.

2d? Gamemaker Studio
3d? Unity
>>
>>56121427
>>>27960384
>>
>>56119676
Vast majority of the industry uses C++, sometimes with gameplay-specific code done in embedded Lua/Python. If you're fine with doing low-level programming but C++ turns you off, try D or Nim
>>
>>56120426
I think I like black people more now.
>>
>>56119676
If you're making a VN python is good, just use renpy. Otherwise you're kinda fucked because there are no comprehensive and actively maintained libraries for multimedia, let alone gamedev. pygame is dead, the SDL2 bindings are dead too, so you can go with pyglet which is unmaintained.

You're better off using love2d (lua), gamemaker or construct2. Give Haxe a go too, it's the most portable alternative. For C++ dev SFML is ok, don't use SDL2 unless you plan on making everything, literally everything, from scratch.

If you are hardcore you can go with unreal (C++) and Unity (C#).
>>
>>56119676
>>56126660
(cont)
Oh by the way, give godot a go. It's a new free/open source game engine. It has a python-inspired script language and an ok WYSIWYG editor. Works on Linux too.
>>
Use that new free shit Amazon just released
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.