[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Anno Domini Current Year >not using the Colemak keyboard layout

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: fFHL7Yf.jpg (97KB, 1280x854px) Image search: [Google]
fFHL7Yf.jpg
97KB, 1280x854px
>Anno Domini Current Year
>not using the Colemak keyboard layout
>>
>needing to learn something obscure to feel unique
Did your parents not love you enough?
>>
>>56115743
but I am, anon!
the true issue here is: why, in the current year, the keyboard layout has to be so horribly inefficient? Row staggering, big spacebar, all punctuation under the right pinky - all of this shit belongs to the 19th century.

I want a large OEM to stand against this bullshit and to start manufacturing sane keyboard layout for the masses.
>>
>>56117244
Since you asked: My mother was doting but critical when I did not do as she wanted. My father loved me too much and in the wrong way (with his penis).

All-in-all a normal childhood. But the Colemak layout helps me write my blog more quickly. You should give it a try.
>>
>>56117367
>My father loved me too much and in the wrong way (with his penis).
>All-in-all a normal childhood.
nigger what
>>
learning dvorak right now. it is great.
>>
whats that keyboard tho
>>
>>56117367
You're excused. Keep on tumblring.
>>
>>56117447
It's a WASDkeyboards custom keycap set.

>>56117298
Are "straight" keyboards really that good? I've noticed that pressing J (Y on qwerty) is a bit awkward with my keyboard.
>>
>>56118191
J is an acceptable letter to be awkward if you're writing in English though. Having y or t or p feel awkward is completely mental though.
>>
>>56118191
Dunno for sure, - my ergodox has been delayed due to the recent typhoon in china/philippines. I tried one though; it was pretty weird to me, but I liked it a lot more than a conventional keyboard. Can't wait to test it extensively, like for a month straight of typing code. I'm also trying to learn emacs, so, if I place well its modifier keys it's gonna be fun.

Confirm the awkwardness of typing j and b on colemak though. And I've got big hands.
>>
>>56118313
I use my thumbs to hit cvbkm, so B is not awkward for me.
>>
>>56117383
kys
>>
>>56120017
no U
>>
> not using the superior BÉPO layout
>>
File: 1471009130153.jpg (95KB, 400x413px) Image search: [Google]
1471009130153.jpg
95KB, 400x413px
>>56115743
> the layout is so good you also have querty printed on it, so when nobody is looking you can stop pretending you are autistic
bottom lulz
>>
where can i get a keyboard with it and how hard is it to go from querty to colemak?
>>
because I can type up to 160 WPM on QWERTY lmao
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.