[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /g/, I would like to make my own PC, and I was curious where

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: 1465975044248.gif (473KB, 500x355px) Image search: [Google]
1465975044248.gif
473KB, 500x355px
Hey /g/,

I would like to make my own PC, and I was curious where should I go to get started? I'm not asking for advice on specific parts or builds. But are there any thorough tutorials or books that will guide me through the process and answer any questions I have along the way?

How does one learn what they're doing without fucking anything up? How worried should I be about doing something that I can't undo, when it comes to building a PC?

I've always been that faggot that buys Alienware and shit like that, and I want to step away from that and actually learn more about the machines I use all day.

(I came to this realization with my "fancy" 80 dollar headset broke. I bought a 20 dollar telemarketer headset and not only was it more comfortable and lighter, but it also has better sound quality and a better mic.)
>>
>>56114974
Search for "how to build a computer" on youtube. There are plenty of visual guides to take you from start to finish, and also tell you about precautions and how to handle delicate parts.
>>
>>56115028
M'kay! Thank you Anon.
>>
>>56114974
Can you match numbers and letters?
Can you handle building a lego set?

You can build a computer
>>
I'm a /g/ noob and I don't know dick about anything. When I built my computer I didn't know dick about anything

I got it running easy, no problems. It's easy op. If anything, watch a YouTube video.
>>
>>56115065
Wow... Is it really that simple?
I saw a guide on youtube for a 25$ build. I think I may start with something cheap like that.
>>
>>56115055
Also read the logicalincrements link in the sticky, it gives you good builds for different price ranges, if you don't have specific parts in mind.
>>
>>56114974

Use pcpartpicker.com
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.