[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm just about to install Manjaro /g/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: Ellada.jpg (102KB, 850x515px) Image search: [Google]
Ellada.jpg
102KB, 850x515px
What am I in for? So far it feels...comfy. Very comfy.
>>
How can it feel comfy if you haven't installed it yet?
>>
>>56112910
>what is a live boot
>>
Should have gone with Antergos
>>
People like you make me sad that nazi germany lost the war.
>>
i installed it as an xnoobuntu user. my x201's trackpoint scrolling didn't work out of the box, removed it immediately. sudo apt-get install and stuff like that doesn't work on terminal either.
>>
>>56112884
>What am I in for?
Arch Linux with a graphic installer made by people so incompetent they can't even renew their SSL certificate.

Enjoy.
>>
>>56112942
you mean for people that actually have life?
you fucking neckbeard.

bump for rolling comfy manjaro
>>
>>56112956
>you mean people that actually have a life?
1 hour of your "life" to learn something new is completely wasted to you?
Let's not forget if you actually had a life you wouldn't be installing Arch anyway, no matter the installer.
>you fucking neckbeard.
Did you get lost on the way to plebbit?
>>
>>56112928
I'm not familiar with that distribution. What makes it better?

>>56112942
>SSL certificate.
I have no idea what that is tbqh. I'm migrating from Ubuntu, so I'm kind of a beginner. I wanted a distro with KDE, also something preferably fresh. According to distrowatch Manjaro fits both bills. I'm a little scared though, apparently certain commands do not work here. I don't particularly mind, this live installer has an impressive array of programs pre-installed, everything I could need.
>>
>>56113035
>apparently certain commands do not work here
Because Ubuntu is a Debian based OS, Arch is it's independent OS.
It'll be fine, though, Arch's Wiki is massive and has all the information you could ever want.
>I don't particularly mind, this live installer has an impressive array of programs pre-installed, everything I could need.
One of the main points about something like Arch Linux is that there's very little bloat, with Manjaro that might be lost.
It's a nice place to start if you want to get more into it, but I'd really recommend using the regular installer at some point, just to see what the process might be like. There are plenty of guides, even Arch's Wiki has multiple guides (installation guide and beginners guide) on the subject.

Either way, good luck. Arch (despite what a lot of people think of it) is a good OS and can be an absolute joy to work and thinker with, but there isn't that much of a difference between OSes, one of the biggest one being the package management, which is another point which Arch exceeds at over, say, Debian based distributions.

Good luck. If you don't like it, it's not like it's hard going back to Ubuntu, and a lot of the things you might learn can help you there as well.
>>
>>56112997
do you want a fist in your face?
>>
>>56113130
kys
>>
>>56112884
>What am I in for? So far it feels...comfy. Very comfy.
If you have a strong urge to experiment with things, you'll enjoy it quite a bit over Ubuntu. As you gain more experience and confidence, you'll slowly become annoyed with minor things in the preconfigured DE and eventually just install Arch. It's a great intro to the basics of Arch though.
>>
>>56113268
Not that guy.
I went all the way, to the point everything was exactly how I wanted. And then I just got tired of always tinkering and messing with things and hoping it doesn't break. Also started working so not much time for that.
Now I just want to install my distro, make it kind of tolerable and use it. I'm a damn casual.
>>
File: win10lie.jpg (177KB, 1408x938px) Image search: [Google]
win10lie.jpg
177KB, 1408x938px
Manjaro opens the Windows to your soul
>>
>>56113372
Not a problem if you know what you really want, I guess. Most people come here asking advice because they're clueless. Have fun.
>>
>installing an OS every other day for the sake of doing something
>>
>>56112935
>l33t 5p34k
>Japaneese
Don't you have a bodypillow to cum on or something?
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.