[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

(case) Fan-thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

File: Front.jpg (46KB, 800x445px) Image search: [Google]
Front.jpg
46KB, 800x445px
Fan-thread
Are noctuas worth it?
I just spent an hour autistically looking for the best fans <10 yurobucks
I settled for the scythe DB 120mm with 1200rpm
Did I fuck up?
Are Double-bearing fans a meme?
I've got a mATX case and bought two of these for muh positive pressure to counter dust buildup
>tfw /g/ made me autistic
>>
bump for interest
also
Any recommended CPU coolers?
>>
>>56112286
Op here.
depends if you want muh overclocking capacity or silence.
but
>paying anything more than 40 bucks for a cooler
>>
>>56112212
Noctua produces very good hardware, but as long as you got something other than bottom tier unbranded crap, you'll be fine.
>>
>>56112286
check review sites for comparison charts
>>
>>56112286
Noctua's CPU coolers are very good, but they're not cheap.
>>
>>56112212
Noctuas and other high-end fans are definitely worth it, they last longer and are quieter than other fans. You either pay more up-front and have a fan that stays quiet for years on end, or pay for a cheap-o high dBm fan that starts making awful noises a few years down the road.
>>
>>56112286
Anything by BeQuiet!
>>
>>56112390
looking at the Noctua NH-D14 given that money is not a problem
>>
>>56112469
might aswell go all out and get a triple slot all-in-one cooler if you can fit it in your case
>>
>>56112212
I bought an Arctic F12 PWM PST for 7€ to install on the top of my Cooler Master N200. Maybe I'm the one that fucked up.
>>
>>56112493
considered buying that model too but then again a more reliable and silent model would have been 3 bucks more
How are they?
>>
>>56112499
I still have to try them. My pc build components should arrive in the next days. Since it's PWM, I could always set them to work once the temp reaches a certain level, right?
>>
>>56112286
Speaking of coolers how does anybody have any saw on cryorig h5 vs h7?

H7 is out of stock pretty much everywhere and that was what was originally recommended to me.
>>
I have an arctic f12 120mm and it's very good for 7 bucks, can barely hear it.
>>
File: fucknoctua.jpg (56KB, 452x326px) Image search: [Google]
fucknoctua.jpg
56KB, 452x326px
>>
>>56112552
see >>56112379
>>
>>56112212
No, gentle typhoons or gtfo

>unironically wanting pooinloo fans
>>
>>56112529
Apparently cheap pwm fans are inferior to normal 3 pin connectors since pwm comes with extra noise
>>
As far as 120mm fans go:
Scythe Gentle Typhoon AP-14 is simply the best fan@1200RPM pressure/sound wise, but not in vertical aligment, but sadly discontinued.
Runner up is Noctua NF-P12, which is almost as good and works fine in vertical aligment too.
>>
>>56112633
Damn
>>
>>56112671
but then again that's pretty autistic. You probably won't hear shit if it isn't late at night and you're living in the country side
I'm kinda obsessed with getting my SFF build right as of now and soon I'll probably justl stop caring
>>
>>56112707
Ok thank you for reassuring me. Whenever I use the PC I either wear headphones or play music on speakers.
>>
I have the NH-D15 on my CPU and four NF-A14 as case fans.
Absolutely silent during casual PC usage, quiet and cool when gaming.
>>
Let's see. We need to break it down into case fans and radiator/heatsink fans . The former favor airflow and the latter static pressure, though plenty of fans do admirably at both. Then we discuss size, mostly 120x25mm. PWM is common as a feature too and beneficial.

I hear that Scythe Gentle Typhoon are no longer manufactured, but they were a good all around. Cougar Vortex is another . Noctua offerings seem well regarded too. Not sure if Noiseblocker is still top tier. Corsair has made some recent top tier fans, in using their brand new MagLev bearing fans. Not sure if the EK Vardar fans are just famously named but I think they are up there, at least for radiators. Anything else?
>>
>>56113339
>We need to break it down into case fans and radiator/heatsink fans
no we dont.

>The former favor airflow and the latter static pressure
fuck off corsair shill
>>
>>56113339
You can get new GT fans here: https://www.coolerguys.com/products/gentletyphoon-120mm-silent-case-fan-series-d1225c12b-1450-1850-2150-and-4250-rpm

although the prices have been jacked up a lot from when I last checked.

I'd just pick the best radiator fans even if you use them as case fans; the performance difference between "airflow" and "static pressure" fans is neglectable for case fans. And you can just stick them on a radiator if you ever do liquid cooling, or on a heatsink if its fans die etc..
>>
File: image.jpg (750KB, 1658x1559px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
750KB, 1658x1559px
>>56113216
Are you me?
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.