[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Yik Yak Removes Anonymity

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: yikyak.png (28KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
yikyak.png
28KB, 300x300px
http://www.theverge.com/2016/8/16/12492152/yik-yak-redesign-local-yakkers-status-updates

>Today the company is eliminating the last traces of anonymity from its app, requiring users to create handles that will be attached to their activity on Yik Yak. It’s also adding 18-character status messages that expire after 24 hours, as well as a feed of nearby users with whom you can exchange messages.

I know it was a shitty app, but it was fun to locally shitpost while on the shitter. Thoughts?
>>
>>56112056
why would any /g/entoomen use this shit app in the first place?

I used it once and it's literally just women complaining about their non-problems
>>
Literally who cares?

That said, I have used both Yik Yak and Whisper to post manlet and fat memes like:

>UGH, WHY DO GUYS UNDER 5'11' EXIST?!

Hoping for a random suicide, but I'll never find out...
>>
File: 1436525579861.jpg (127KB, 528x292px) Image search: [Google]
1436525579861.jpg
127KB, 528x292px
>>56112206
It really depends on the area. You can ask questions about the area anonymously, which can be useful, but you can also just shitpost. Sometimes there are also jolly shitposters who make it bearable for the five minutes you need to take a massive dump.

>>56112218
Pic related
>>
I've never even heard of this shit before
>>
>>56112261
there were a few of these a while back that tried to rip off 4chan's appeal, but for normies

not the first ones, and certainly not the last. every summer we have kids shilling for their imageboards or retards asking how to write one

for some reason those stuck for a while, but the fad is gone, and i am okay with it.
>>
>>56112056
That's old news
>>
>>56112373
It literally happened today faggot
>>
There is Jodel in Europe still. The Sweden general on /int/ posted a "some of you guys are alright" post at one of our biggest universities, it was national news for a while.
>>
last i used it, it was pretty fun for a bit.

also in my school it was the same deal, but if you expected anonymity, to shitpost, then fug right off
>>
>>56112206
Because it's hilarious to shitpost on with a GPS spoofer.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.