[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hacking

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: icon.png (16KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
icon.png
16KB, 512x512px
What is the best way to learn the basic levels of hacking and an understanding of it.
>>
make roblox account ask all the kids for their p433words
>>
>>56111873
Hacking is a myth created by the media. There is no difference between hacking and messing around with black box software.
>>
Honest answer.

Hack is about knowing the system. So study informatics, especially Security.

The more you know how shit is build and work, the easiar it is to exploit it.

If your over 20 and don't know shit or are not in the area, you'll probably never get to a level where you can hack someone
>>
>>56111873
OH I KNOW!!!
Install Gentoo
>>
File: debian-linux-os-matrix.jpg (615KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
debian-linux-os-matrix.jpg
615KB, 1920x1080px
>understand a system
>make it work in a way the devs didn't want it to
done, you hacked
>>
>>56111873

Only shit answers up till now..

OP, hacking is genrally an umbrella term. You start with learning the difference between phreaking, reverse engineering, social engineering, pentesting, cracking, "real" hacking and being a script kiddy.

All thos terms can be "hacking", some are old, some are newer. There are probably othesr I jsut don't think of it right now..

I.e. if you load a "hacking framework" and press some buttons you are not a hacker, since hacking involves creating stuff yourself, ideas as well as programms.

You need:
-Creativity, problem solving skills
-Critical thinking, questioning autorites
-Networking Skills (understand stuff like DHCP, Subnetting, Public and Private IPs, DNS, the OSI model, MAC addressing and so on)
-Linux Skills (most common tools as well as understanding the system structure)
-Tools like wireshark and virtual box
-Programmigng skills (first python, ruby or perl; secondly C)
-database skills (i.e. injections)
-endurance

I'm sorry, you probably expected something "cool and short". Yes, you can use the metasploit framework and maybe even get somewhere with it (even if it's only getting vanned). But to be a hacker, there is no shor cut. It's dedication and passion. If you want to learn more, go to a DefCon.

Godspeed.
>>
Turn a table upside down and put items on it
Congratulations, you're just learned the concept of hacking
>>
>>56114600
This. While I'm certainly no hacker, I do use many of their tools in my day to day computering. Find an aspect of computers that you enjoy and basically, go to the extremes with it.
>>
>>56111873
network or Code hacking?
>>
>>56111873
I used to be interested in this shit until I actually did my research

It's extremely boring, most of it relies on trickery, rather than actual computer knowledge

Every hacking "guide" book will spend more time explaining social engineering, using kali l00nix toolkit and making phishing pages than any actual hacking as in actual computer knowledge

Seriously, all the biggest hacks in recent memory were done through social engineering, phishing or trickery like leaving a prepped USB drive or waiting until someone plugs their phone into a fake charging station.

It's lame as fuck.
>>
>>56114600

One more thing:

Read this, if you want to get a better picture of what hacking actually is:
>http://www.catb.org/esr/faqs/hacker-howto.html
>>
>>56114794
the only time computer knowledge is really needed is when you do reverse engineering. Hacking is supposed to be fast not complex. But if you want to know what hacking usually is I would suggest black hat python, gray hat python and violent python.

If you want to go further get into assembly languages and reverse engineering.
>>
>>56111873
>>>/global/rules/2
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.