[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Samsung Galaxy phone comparison

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 2

File: samsung-i9300l-galaxy-s3-neo.jpg (95KB, 600x543px) Image search: [Google]
samsung-i9300l-galaxy-s3-neo.jpg
95KB, 600x543px
So basically I am searching for a cheap phone I can use during my semester abroad but I'm really torn between two I have found online

>Samsung Galaxy S3 Neo
>Samsung Galaxy J5 (2015)

So basically the S3 has a better CPU as far as I can tell, Gorilla Glas, a notification light and it's smaller (4,8 inch is more preferable for me)
The J5 has a better battery and a better camera (13MP instead of 8) and a newer version of Android

Does anyone here have any experience with the two phones and cares to share?

I know, I know, there are better options out there but I'm really down to these two
>>
>>56109969

>2015 phone
>doesn't have gorilla glas

what the fuck?
>>
j5 shits on s3 neo
>>
>>56110002

I know, it's pretty weird

>>56110028

care to explain? it has regular glass and a worse cpu

it's also pretty weird that the phone costs less than the S3 Neo
>>
>touchwizz
>>
>>56109969
>>56109969
>>56109969

OP here, I also forgot to mention that the J5 has 8GB RAM while the Neo has 16GB

That might cause some problems with apps since one can't move all of them to the SD card
>>
>>56110102

why is Touchwiz frowned upon? I have noticed this a couple of times here but I never found a reason for it. Is it too simple? Does it crash?
>>
>>56109969

>better battery

you do know that you can change your battery? apparently it's basically the camera, CPU and the RAM that are essential to your decision
>>
>>56110099
it has the newer processor but locked in lower frequency. you can probably overclock it by rooting.
>>56110126
that's storage not ram. if they support marshmallow 6.0.1 then you can just use adopted storage to combine your internal storage with the microsd storage. the phone will treat the two storage as one. moving apps to sd cards era is nearly over. microsds are cheap btw.
>>
>>56110228

>you can probably overclock it by rooting

I'm unfortunately not into that stuff since I really don't do a lot of stuff with my phone except for using whatsapp, taking pics occasionally and using other general apps

>you can just use adopted storage to combine your internal storage with the microsd storage

I already read about a lot of problems because of the storage space. is the method you mentioned really possible with that phone? as far as I know, it does support marshmallow
>>
>>56110303
apparently not for now but you can set the default storage as sd card. just get a 64gb class 10 micro sd and do this, it shouldn't cause any problems.
https://youtu.be/JThS0CNcskc
>>
>>56110359
oh wait, this is for downloads only. you'll need to do it the older way (move to sd) for now.
>>
>buying non flagship samshit device

Lol have fun with your laggy unsopported shit
>>
>>56110359
>>56110373

well default storage is no problem since pics and downloads are always saved on my sd card, even on my old phone (galaxy ace 2 = old-as-shit).

whatsapp apparently uses a lot of space as well as that goddamn picture data file that for some reason amounts to more than 1gb
>>
>>56110405

dude, I don't have that much of a budget. I still have to buy a lot of stuff including a new laptop. If I had the money to buy a +200€ phone, I definitely would
>>
>>56110417
just get the j5, it should be fine with a 32gb or more class 10 microsd.
>>56110433
get a used thinkpad. ask on /tpg/ before buying one though.
>>
>>56110464

>just get the j5, it should be fine with a 32gb or more class 10 microsd.

thank you very much for the advice, now my tendency is going toward the J5, also because it's cheaper by 30 euro bucks

>get a used thinkpad. ask on /tpg/ before buying one though.

I already went there but it's confusing as fuck. germanfag here so the market here isn't as filled with thinkpads. I already found some Acer and Asus notebooks worth looking at at a cheap price. I apparently need to go casualfag this year
>>
>>56110405

care to list some phones -200€?
>>
Buy a secondhand s3 LTE/S4/Nexus 5.
Buying cheap phones new is waste of money
>>
>>56110630
Can't stress this enough. I'm replying on a mint Note 3 that got for $175. Bought an Otterbox, rooted, CM 12.1, and now I'm set for a few years again.

Previously, I had a new S3 that still works fine. I dropped it on the charge port too many times though while plugged in and now the port is malfunctioning, so it makes a great backup.
>>
>>56110630
>>56110679

I think it's way easier to get newer phones in america. in germany, you can't get jack shit without the phones already having been used for two years or so

already checked the local ebay but only shitty phones being sold there
>>
>>56109969
>muh gigahurtz
>muh mega pixels
None of that shit matters if its not done correctly. The s3 got hot as fuck
>>
>>56110732

sorry but like I said, I'm not that much into phones. thanks for the info though, might consider that
>>
>>56110732
Only the old ones got hot enough to hurt people. I used an S3 LTE and it was almost always fine. If you did intensive stuff, sure, it'd heat up a bit. Nothing unusual in mine.
>>
>>56110716
Did you misread me? I said get an older phone used. My Note 3 is three years old.
>>
>>56110796

I figured by mint you meant new. might still check out used phones like I do everyday. wanted to buy a new phone tomorrow though
>>
>>56110815
You will always get a better used phone than a new one at the same price. Buy an old flagship and compare it to the specs of a similarly-priced new phone. I almost guarantee the flagship will be better still if it's no more than a year or two old. My Note 3 has many components that still make it as relevant as most new phones around the $300/$400 price point. Note 4 is another great option. Any old Samsung flagship should do. Get something with a removable battery.
>>
>>56110956

>Get something with a removable battery.

what else besides a battery can be fucked up when it comes to used phones (except for the screen, obviously)?

I really don't know whether software shits all over the place in modern phones after a year or two
>>
>>56111153
Software is no concern on old flagships. Get something you can root and throw a custom ROM like Cyanogenmod on. I wouldn't worry about anything other than battery if you get a case to protect your investment.
>>
>>56111185

what phones can you recommend that are -5 inch?
>>
>>56110433
Then dont get samshit
>>
Oh wait you are fagerman, go suck some more refugee cock insted of shitting up g
>>
>>56109969
Cheap samsung phone are the fucking worst please reconsider.
>>
>>56111440
z3c
>>
>>56109969
The only good galaxy was the nexus

>RIP in peace
>>
>>56109969
I got an S3 neo, the build quality is screen, the screen colors are fucking amazing because of the amoled display. Too bad it gets very hot at the bottom even when I'm browsing. The battery life gets worse no matter what, it just drains so much, there's also bloatware and the fucking notification bar will be laggy, blame the touchjizz. Don't buy it if you are interested in custom roms, because this one has none that are official or stable. Also the camera is good but the focus is dogshit.
>>
>>56110143
It's very bloated, uses a shitton of resources, it's ugly and laggy as fuck. I tried the S6 edge and I can say touchwizz got way better since s3 - s4 era, but it's already frowned on /g/.
>>
>>56112619
this, using mobile data heats it up like a frying pan, on wi-fi it's pretty normal, battery goes to shit after a year, so either get a spare battery or a powerbank.
be careful when charging because the port is shit desu, will work wonders in the start but after a while it bends and you have to pressure the cable so it charges correctly, otherwise it's only gonna charge 2% every hour
>>
>>56109969
S3 Neo. Totes.

CM support baby, that phone flies with it.
>>
>>56112619
There is CM 12.1 for S3 Neo on XDA, updated this month. The dev is n1kola if I remember right. Works really well, my friend uses that ROM and he likes it. I had to choose between an S3 and S3 Neo. I picked the S3 for all the support it gets.
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.