[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

SEO

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: robot.png (132KB, 612x545px) Image search: [Google]
robot.png
132KB, 612x545px
Is SEO just an antiquated meme? Unless you're creating click-bait content, a fast, well programmed website would achieve its highest possible score right?
>>
File: a97103_g071_10-japanese-suit.jpg (56KB, 450x476px) Image search: [Google]
a97103_g071_10-japanese-suit.jpg
56KB, 450x476px
I personally hate SEO, think is pure boring useless indignity for just a few irrelevant visits.

But is also a requirement to just think a little about it when you develop a website and when people write content.
>>
>Is SEO just an antiquated meme?
Probably.

You can get almost immediate result by shilling your site on any social website.
>>
>>56108177
>But is also a requirement to just think a little about it when you develop a website and when people write content.

That's what I mean, quality of code and content goes without saying. Google doesn't even search for meta tags anymore.
>>
I look at it as a alternative view of good design. You want to make your website search engine friendly so you put structure into it. Seems humans like reading things with structure.

90% of the SEO stuff transfers into a good site and it doesn't stop at the programming level. The other 10% is all that shit about fooling the search engine.
>>
>>56108639
SEO tranfers to the opposite of human friendly, actually.
>>
>>56108743
Putting bad content just for the sake of having keywords and shit is inevitably going to lower your ranking.
>>
Modern SEO relies heavily on social media and other crap. It's not longer about click-bait, and those sorts of things can actually hurt you.
>>
>>56108743
From https://static.googleusercontent.com/media/www.google.com/en//webmasters/docs/search-engine-optimization-starter-guide.pdf -- googles abc of SEO

Page 4 - SEO likes titles, humans like titles
Page 5 -
>Describe the pages content, humans like descriptive content
>create unique title tags for each page. Well that would force the writer to probably have content organized in one spot and have coherent ideas, that seems good for humans
>Use brief, but descriptive titles, I can do this all day

If you are talking about the old meta tag bullshit , repeated words, internet juice and all that it doesn't work for anything. The only good one I can think that still works is not to split your domain between www and other subdomains and is fucks with some engines numbers.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.