[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Video Rendering

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 3

Hi /g/

I've recently been toying with a bunch of rendering formats and settings on Vegas Pro 13 and haven't been able to come up with a satisfactory baseline to render all my videos in.

I can use AVI with Lagarith Lossless, and that gives me almost 1:1 quality, but the file size is something ridiculous at 48GB / hour.

I like MP4, which offers progressive download (for youtube) and a manageable file size, but the quality goes to the shitter. Various JPEG-looking artifacts appear on frames with sharp edges and high contrast, the frames seem blurred together and not crisp, and has some incredibly shitty banding issues.

I see ripped movies at around 4GB and they have very clear shadows with no banding that I can make out. The image is crisp, and there's very little artifacts. It's also MP4.

So does anyone have any advice on settings? What do you use to render your videos?

Pic mostly unrelated.
>>
Can't you set it to h264 lossless? Else you can render as lossless avi and encode it as lossless h264 with handbrake, just set the audio stream as copy instead convert.
>>
File: 1471320148013.png (293KB, 1400x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1471320148013.png
293KB, 1400x1080px
Reminder this happens in a console too.
>>
>>56103770
Do you mean I could render the video in lossless avi with the huge file size, then use something akin to ffmpeg to encode it (bringing the file size down)?

It sounds like a good idea. This is probably what people do when they rip movies and encode them down to a downloadable size.

Anybody have experience encoding stuff into a YouTube-friendly format with minimal loss?
>>
>>56103775
Yeah that wasn't an issue for me anyway.

Reason I threw that image in here is because it's a snapshot of the start of the latest video I'm trying to render
>>
File: car_photo_560080.jpg (34KB, 1013x675px) Image search: [Google]
car_photo_560080.jpg
34KB, 1013x675px
>>56103770
Also I'm pretty sure Vegas doesn't come with that codec for rendering. At least I didn't see it
>>
>>56103875
You can. Export in whatever lossless format, then use ffmpeg to transcode to youtube's recommended formats https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/1722171?hl=en-GB

Uploading in higher resolutions even when your source material is SD is still useful, lets you have a higher bitrate and also lets you use 50/60FPS
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.