[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Cybersecurity Without Experts

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

File: cybersec.png (46KB, 523x508px) Image search: [Google]
cybersec.png
46KB, 523x508px
People without security backgrounds are being hired to improve safe data handling, and yet you NEETs are still sitting at home unemployed. Why do you let this happen?
>>
>>56102772
> Implying we would be any better
>>
>>56103178

Well, we'd have riced out terminals

So yeah we would be better than them
>>
>>56102772
Let's make our own group and be billionaire terminal ricers
>>
>>56102772
>chairwoman
>>
>>56103682
/thread
>>
>>56103682
Chair PERSON please. Political correct at all times please
>>
>implying big organizations care about security
Big organizations care about covering their ass. I once heard it put as they only care about security (or IT in general) to the extent that it's needed to keep them off the front page of the Wall Street Journal for some major disaster. And, if there is a major disaster, they want someone they can blame. "Look, we hired this big-shot guy to run things and it still happened!" Note the titles and resumes of those people. Their knowledge or what they do doesn't matter. All that matters is that it looks good and is a defense against lawsuits and bad PR.

This will continue to be the case until security breaches become so costly that they're existential threats to the business or organization as a going concern.
>>
They're just mad they weren't doing the hacking. They all need to be gassed.
>>
>>56102772
Why are democrats so shitty at computers? Republicans are supposed to be old bad with technology but it's the Democrats that always get hacked.
>>
File: 1351275582579.gif (95KB, 470x266px) Image search: [Google]
1351275582579.gif
95KB, 470x266px
>>56104203
Because trump is R A C I S T and is supported by putin from the evil soviet empire.

The only more-or-less computer literates the DNC have on their team are working for CTR and are relegated to spamming /pol/ all day.
>>
>>56104242
Go back to >>>/pol/ with your autism
>>
>>56102772
Probably because entry level positions require 5 years of experience.
>>
bill clinton appointed james woolsey as head of the cia and clinton thought woolsey was an admiral (woolsey was in the army for a few years and protested against the vietnam war). they want names and titles so they can blame someone. these are your elected leaders.
>>
>>56102772
>Why do you let this happen?

Ok, "we" didn't got asked for our opinion.
All I see is people with fancy linked in profiles calling other people with fancy linked in profiles to work with them so they can rub each other ego ad nauseam.

This is not different from other workplaces
>>
>>56102772

>Actually bothering with cyber security experts

Waste of money, there are a million of them working today and yet shit gets hacked every day in every country. From your laptop to a major fortune 500 company. No amount of "experts" have stopped it, no amount of "experts" ever will.

Cyber security experts are nothing more than a think tank. A circle jerking club where people discuss things and events but nothing they ever do or say will change fuck all in the end.
>>
>>56106229
Are you serious?
>>
>>56106229
That is because no one ever follows their advice when they are hired.

>What is encryption? What do you mean I have to type in two passwords. That's stupid
>Why can't I hold the door open for others?
>We can't do that, it is a waste of money.
>>
>>56103682
Really all you need to know
>>
>>56104138
>This will continue to be the case until security breaches become so costly that they're existential threats to the business or organization as a going concern.

You say that like it's not.
>>
They have a lawyer, so Democrats are safe now.
>>
>>56104106
I'm sorry sir/xir/madam
>>
>>56104761
Fuck off to reddit liberal cuck. Either that or go buy a PBT (if you're old enough to drink) and hang yourself
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.