[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Reinstalling Windows 10

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: win10.jpg (600KB, 2846x1600px) Image search: [Google]
win10.jpg
600KB, 2846x1600px
So I upgraded from Windows 8.1 Pro to Windows 10 and I want to do a fresh install. Has anyone here done this and is it okay to just download the MediaCreationTool from Microsoft and reinstall?

The only problem I see is I don't have any unique product key anywhere to be found. Somebody told me Windows 10 "knows" if you are allowed" to install due to hardware configuration.
>>
http://www.tenforums.com/software-apps/2577-showkey.html
>>
>>56100369

Thanks, but is it necessary to know. Form what I've gathered the system will already know if your are allowed to install.

I've tried a different key shower and it displayed a different product key than that tool, do you have another one to see what happens with a third one.
>>
You should do a fresh install of Linux instead
>>
>>56100710

I have a life.
>>
You should install GNU+Linux.
>>
File: Screenshot_31.png (30KB, 307x432px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_31.png
30KB, 307x432px
>>56100241
Why did the anniversary update have to go and ruin the start menu?
>>
>>56101572
the start menu wasn't useful to begin with, couldn't pin programs to it or anything

you get used to the new thing
>>
>>56101606
You're supposed to pin shit to the Metro part.
>>
>>56100241
If you have identical hardware, there's nothing you have to do. If you're swapping out hardware (like a new CPU or something) You'll have to sign in to your MS account to back up the key and register it to your account, so in the future if you build a new computer or want to swap the license to a new machine for any reason, you can reassign the license under the activation menu under the settings pane.

However, it should be said, you don't have to go through the media creation toolkit. I mean you can if you want, but doing the Reset Windows option under Settings will flash everything back to factory defaults for you and even reinstall Windows as if it was fresh. You even have the option of doing a secure erase pass of the HDD if you want (I think it's a 3-pass, or maybe a 1-pass with a zeroing of the drive, I can't remember).
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.