[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I am 18 years old and I have an idea for a great application

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 6

File: wojak.jpg (63KB, 633x758px) Image search: [Google]
wojak.jpg
63KB, 633x758px
I am 18 years old and I have an idea for a great application that I want to build, but as I browse through github, stackoverflow and other websites it's all very overwhelming. Most answers to questions are still too complex and contain words I do not understand. Then I google these words that I do not understand and go to an online dictionary, to find a meaning full of words that I too, don't understand.

I can set up a basic website with proprietary software but I cannot write my own software or put my idea's into action. Any tips? It's frustrating me.
>>
>>56097902
Protip: kill you're self
>>
>>56097902
Keep going, can't learn it over night, you're on the right track
>>
Learn to program of course. Read a book nigger
>>
>LLVM can provide the middle layers of a complete compiler system, taking intermediate representation (IR) code from a compiler and emitting an optimized IR. This new IR can then be converted and linked into machine-dependent assembly language code for a target platform. LLVM can accept the IR from the GNU Compiler Collection (GCC) toolchain, allowing it to be used with a wide array of extant compilers written for that project.

WTF
>>
I am 37 years old and I have an idea for a starship that will visit every planet and deploy a one stage lander to collect samples and shit every time. Then it will make it back to earth and it will land whole using its thrusters; after that we will prepare it for the next trip. The problem is that the cryogenics and Bussard ramjet technologies that I need haven't been invented yet, also I didn't finish uni, and I don't have money to fund such a project.

>the solution is to browse stack overflow and look up shit on Internet dictionaries

Just get a minimum wage job dumbass, that's where you will end up anyway.
>>
>>56097902
I'm a seasoned programmer, but I never have good ideas. I could really use an "idea man".
>>
> Begin writing your program. Insert your code or the program that you need to build (see below for a few examples). Learn the syntax(?) semantics(?) Object-Oriented Programming paradigms(?) data striations(?) algorithm designs such as linked lists(?), priority queues(?), etc. C++ is not an easy language to program in, but doing so teaches you the fundamentals that extend to all programming languages.

This is from wikihow. These explanations are so shite. Please explain the sentences/words before the (?)s. By the way English is not my first language.
>>
>>56098051
seasoned with piri piri?

oh wait im not on s4s anymore
>>
>>56098096
>In computer science, the syntax of a computer language is the set of rules that defines the combinations of symbols that are considered to be a correctly structured document or fragment in that language.

I don't understand this.
>>
File: 1455560994369.jpg (99KB, 700x495px) Image search: [Google]
1455560994369.jpg
99KB, 700x495px
>Search Results
In programming language theory, semantics is the field concerned with the rigorous mathematical study of the meaning of programming languages. It does so by evaluating the meaning of syntactically legal strings defined by a specific programming language, showing the computation involved.
>>
File: image.png (361KB, 423x685px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
361KB, 423x685px
>want to learn to program
>have a text editor
>have multiple books
>don't know where and what compiler i should get

Looks like I'm going to go back to playing video games.
>>
>>56097902
It took me 6-8 months before I finally got the hang of programming and could think in terms of solving problems programmatically.

Programming is just a tool.
You need to learn how to use those tools to build complex abstractions, because that's all computer software really is: layers and layers of abstractionsso your users never have to worry about the underlying mechanisms.
>>
>>56098167
how many hours a day did you spent and what did you use to learn it?
>>
File: 1437759884381.png (91KB, 288x352px) Image search: [Google]
1437759884381.png
91KB, 288x352px
>want to watch raw anime
>japanese is too hard
>>
>>56098181
about 4-8 hours a day for 6 months should do it

I started with C, it's still my favorite language.
>>
Get a shitty job and use the money to pay pajeet to make it for you.
>>
>>56098152
I wasn't joking by this post

please help
>>
>>56098212
and what prevents pajeet to walk away with your idea?
>>
>>56098224
gcc
>>
>want to make a game by myself
>learn programming fundamentals
>starting to learn modeling
>school starts again in 2 weeks
Kill me
>>
>>56098275
Will GCC work if I have Windows
>>
>>56098281
godverdomme
>>
File: this thread is full of faggots.jpg (40KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
this thread is full of faggots.jpg
40KB, 500x333px
>>56098096
>>56098108
>>56098122
How retarded are you? It's not wikihow's fault you lack reading comprehension faggot.

>>56098152
>>56098224
>hmm there are 3 compilers
>I guess I'll go with this one!
That was #hard.
And by the way you didn't even specify the language nigger how the fuck do you expect anybody to help you?
>>
>>56098318
C, C#, C++, also I am new to /g/, I didn't know compilers were like that.
>>
>>56098284
Yes

There are several Windows IDEs that utilize GCC, for example Eclipse PDT or Netbeans

https://netbeans.org/features/cpp/
>>
>>56098284
No. You need MinGW.
>>
>>56098284
worst case scenario install cygwin
>>
Learn to program? You're 18, you got plenty of time to learn.
>>
>>56098207
What language is best to learn/most widespread and future proof?
>>
>>56098383
cobol
>>
>>56098383
cobol
>>
>>56098284
You might as well learn C# since you're using Windows and the compiler is already there.

Easy to learn, no need to do memory management, syntax similar to Java, lots of libraries available and there's a wide opportunity to find a comfy job if you learn it.
>>
>>56098545
Where do I find the compiler for C#
>>
I've come to realize that my IQ is very average or maybe even below average. It takes me a while, upwards of days, before I really comprehend the logic.

I'll see something new like "2 + 2 = 4" and immediately look at it puzzled and can't understand how two 2 values can become a 4 value or what this archaic cross (+) symbol has anything to do with it, but out of passion I stick with it and eventually it all clicks and makes sense to me. I tend to never understand new aspects in programming immediately, but once I get it I truly become the master of it. That's been my programming journey in a nutshell.

I don't think programming is for everybody. You really have to be a nerd faggot to sit at your computer for extended periods frustrated over formulas and processes that you don't understand until you do.
>>
>>56098639
It is already installed in your system.

It usually located in C:\Windows\Microsoft .NET\Framework\(.NET version)\csc.exe
>>
Just
Git
Gud

Read SICP
>>
File: VisualStudio.jpg (25KB, 485x356px) Image search: [Google]
VisualStudio.jpg
25KB, 485x356px
>>56098639
Just install visual studio IDE and press this "Play" button to run your programs and then never bother with compilers again. To actually use a compiler you need to type "csc <source.cs>" in the CLI and it looks like you're too dumb for that.
>>
>>56098722
Thank you a lot. I got it to do Hello World

thank you
>>
>>56098826
>visual studio IDE
WARNING DANGER
OP don't do this
This is a non-free software that injects spyware in your executables

https://yro.slashdot.org/story/16/06/10/1350245/visual-studio-2015-c-compiler-secretly-inserts-telemetry-code-into-binaries

Regardless of this, BE WARNED that Visual Studio is PROPRIETARY non-free user-subjugating software
>>
>>56099148
Now MS isn't going to pay me for my shill :( thanks a lot anon.
>>
>>56098251
You hold his goat as a hostage?
>>
>>56097902
You don't learn these things overnight.

I spent four years getting a BSCS at college.

First I studied discrete math and calculus etc. for half a year.

Then I studied theory of computation and graph theory etc. for half a year.

Then I studied algorithms and data structures for half a year.

Then I studied principles of programming languages for half a year.

Then, two years in, I take my first class in a computer language C++, and learn the very, very basics.

Towards the end I learned about mutual exclusion and other things which I spent half a year studying.

When approached in the proper time frame, none of these things is complicated.

If you're 18 go to school, learn the fundamentals, then two years in or so learn the fundamentals of one or two programming languages, then keep going.

I would think of going to college and anything else you do do alongside that.

If you're frustrated, that's because there may be a few years worth of learning between what you want to do and what you need to learn.

By the way - I have made a number of apps but recently decided a phone image editing app would be too difficult for me so I skipped it. And I probably have a lot more education and experience than you.
>>
>>56100780
*takes notes*
>>
>>56100780
what a shitty uni
I started programming from day one
computational theory will not land you a job
>>
>>56097902
Buy a gun and shoot yourself
>>
>>56102568
Ok pajeet.
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.