[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Bit locker

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: bitlocked.png (55KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
bitlocked.png
55KB, 256x256px
Computer failed updated and bitlocker locked, now windows will not boot. Tried to repair the partition but it when entering the recovery key it still would not repair but it did allow for command line. We tried to copy the user info but when trying to opening it on another machine it said that the data was corrupted and could not be read. We think that the data may still be encrypted but not sure how to go about repair or recovery.
>>
>>56095561
If you kept your stuff on separate backup hard drive, you shouldn't worry. Just reload Windows and save yourself a headache.
>>
>>56095607
we did not
>>
>>56095561
rekt
>>
>>56095561
If you have the key, you should be alright, provided the drive itself isn't actually fucked.

This will help you with manually unlocking it, but the bcd store may also be corrupt (causing boot issues).

I'd move all the data off, and either replace the drive or at the very least run a scan with MHDD or something.

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff829854(v=ws.11).aspx
>>
>>56096073
Okay we did the manual unlock and it says that it is unlocked but the data we pull off still looks normal but is corrupted. We're thinking we might be out of luck on this one. Unless there is something that we can do to the data or something that we are missing when we move the data from the hard drive to the external.
>>
>>56097315
One the drive is unlocked, run a chkdsk (not chkdsk /r) and see if there is any corruption in the filesystem.

If chkdsk reports errors, then run a chkdsk /r
>>
>>56095662
kys
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.