[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Linux user >if in the course of events it becomes necessary

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: -615687_w650.jpg (45KB, 650x368px) Image search: [Google]
-615687_w650.jpg
45KB, 650x368px
>Linux user
>if in the course of events it becomes necessary to reinstall, you've written a Bash script that easily automates the process of setting up your system back to it's former glory, from adding repositories to installing all the software you need, to configuring hardware settings, to downloading and changing the wallpaper you wanted

Feels good man. Is it even possible for Windows lizards to do this?
>>
Dind even need to ""reinstall"" le windows os for years now
It just werks
>>
>>56092732
Werk it
>>
>>56092732
never stop using windows 10, anon!

without people like you, my malicious software would be worthless.
>>
>>56094506
We wouldn't want anon to go broke. Support Windows 10! Support ransomware!
>>
>>56092705
Haven't reinstalled windows in 11 years.
>>
>>56092705
The common response to my issues with Linux is to install a different distro or use a work around for a bug from 2009. How people think linux will ever gain traction is beyond me.
>>
>>56092705
Yes it is possible using powershell to do this. You can also push .msi files through group policy. So depending on on what group in AD the machine is, it will install certain software automatically.

So you can fully provision and deploy 1000 of computers, each using unique software designated by department.

Linux is cool, but I think powershell is Active Directly with group policy is more powerful.

Please keep in my linux will get to a fully operational state faster than any windows machine going through deployment.

Each have their ups and downs.
>>
>>56092705
Yes.

It's not nearly as easy as with linux, and it's much easier if you're using software that either doesn't ever need an update or hasn't been updated in a while.

I wrote a script that would install a bunch of default programs (firefox, foxit, etc...) and attempt to launch windows update for brand new OS installs. It ran on boot.
>>
>>56095345
It takes me only a few minutes to boot from one of the btrfs snapshots on the second SSD and rsync shit back to my main SSD.

Fucking hilarious that you think its easier in Windows though.
>>
>>56095175
Do you not use a laptop or something?
How else do you get rid of all that manufacturer bloat?
Fuck they even put like 3 extra partitions on the computers, you basically have to fresh install to get rid of the bloat.
>>
>>56092705
maybe use whatever those pirate windows xp images used. they had themes settings and software preinstalled.
>>
>>56092705
How many stickers dat bitch got on her laptop?
>>
File: 1470322347821.png (477KB, 631x638px) Image search: [Google]
1470322347821.png
477KB, 631x638px
>>56094506
>>56095090
>>
File: ashley-rickards-in-awkward-3.jpg (39KB, 700x397px) Image search: [Google]
ashley-rickards-in-awkward-3.jpg
39KB, 700x397px
>>56095427
As many as she wants.
>>
>>56095407
1. Use a desktop with the Windows 7
2. I uninstall software I don't need.
3. Every once in a while I'll look over my startup programs and non-Windows services
4. I've updated to 8, then 8.1, then 10,then 10 anniversary, but kept all my settings.
5. I Google any problems I have. I've fixed tons of stuff that I used to reinstall my OS for back in the XP days.

My computer runs fast as fuck and boots up insanely quick.
>>
Even if it would be so bad as g tries to paint it, it still would be magnitudes better than any lonix shitro.
>>
>>56095461
you mean you installed windows 4 times already?
8,8.1 ,10, 10.1608, those are all new installs in terms that the old system is stored in windows.old. Basically the same if have a separate /home and reinstall the /.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.