[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How many people here DON'T hate Windows 10?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 11

File: Windows-10_Product-Family.jpg (367KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Windows-10_Product-Family.jpg
367KB, 1920x1080px
How many people here DON'T hate Windows 10?
>>
All those payed to do so, the rest dislike constant surveillance.
>>
>>56092350
All the /v/ regulars, so quite a few people.
>>
You are forced to like it, since you can't fully enjoy your hardware without it.
>>
>>56092350

I like using it, obviously I don't like surveillance but you people think you're red pilled and you don't even know that the earth is flat, it's kind of redundant
>>
Obviously I prefer windows 10 features and performance over older versions, but I dont like where the thing is going, we already have settings restrictions, forced updates and advertisement.
I would be happy if the OS just "operates" the "system".
>>
>>56092383
>tfw can't play Forza Horizon 3 because I don't want to downgrade to win10
>>
File: DSC_0546.jpg (2MB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0546.jpg
2MB, 3840x2160px
I was forced to override my old windows 7 copy, because I bought a skylake processor.

It's fucking buggy, no classic theme and constant crashes in the ui.

It's a love-hate relationship.
>>
>>56092600
fucking motley crue still going?
I was into those glamour faggots back in the 90s
>>
>>56092600
>no classic theme

Desktop compositing is better for your CPU because it offloads processing to the GPU and eases the load..
>>
File: DSC_0544.jpg (3MB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0544.jpg
3MB, 3840x2160px
>>56092637
Not really, that picture was taken at a Hard Rock Café.

>>56092648
I know it is, I just wanna go back to the times with 95. Somehow gray is more pleasing to the eye.
>>
File: New_Zealand_Rotary_Telephone.jpg (88KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
New_Zealand_Rotary_Telephone.jpg
88KB, 1024x768px
>>56092713
That's the nostalgia talking, gramps.
>>
>>56092713
>I know it is, I just wanna go back to the times with 95. Somehow gray is more pleasing to the eye.
Nah, classic theme had it's time. It's time to move on.
>>
File: speccy-050716-0942.png (38KB, 658x523px) Image search: [Google]
speccy-050716-0942.png
38KB, 658x523px
>>56092350
i don't. my girlfriend and i play pc games on gaming laptops
>>
File: ChlTlV3W0AAoxxj.jpg (38KB, 600x423px) Image search: [Google]
ChlTlV3W0AAoxxj.jpg
38KB, 600x423px
>>56092739
I'm actually born in 1995, but my parents didn't switch to XP until 2008

>>56092764
Switch to what? Material design and black on black with huge unused spaces? No thank you.

I wish you could theme windows 10, but sadly there isn't an easy or safe way to do that.
>>
Most of /g/ seems to use Windows 10 and even rave about how good it is.
>>
LTSB version here. Cant complain.
>>
>>56092802
>born in 1995

1991 here. JUST
>>
>>56092350
I don't hate it but I only use it for my laptop that only had drivers for Windows 8. Work computer I don't care, our most valuable information is in the notebooks I do experiments in.
>>
>>56092600
>because I bought a skylake processor.
And? They backed down on the support. They'll be supported to the end.
>>
>>56092848
Seriously?!? That's great news! I'm going back to 7 right away!
>>
>>56092350
If Enterprise didn't force unwated apps at me after telling the OS not to do so then I might still be using it. Albeit, MS got far too greedy and I'm not using it any more.
>>
+1
>>
Among /g/entoomen, nobody.
Among n/v/idiots, everyone.
>>
>>56092350
Me.

I don't hate it.
It's actually quite good.

Shame about the spy shit though, seriously puts a damper on an otherwise decent OS.
I couldn't seriously recommend it for business due to that.
>>
I like it a lot.

It took all of five seconds to disable all the monitoring. Took way long to get my Slackware box set up how I wanted.
>>
>>56093290
Please check your settings again after updating your computer (Windows Update). Then, Slackware is a quite good OS.
>>
>>56092648
There are legit reasons to enable desktop composition, but saving CPU cycles isn't one of them. I doubt you'd even see a difference in practice if your CPU is less than 15 years old and DWM actually uses the CPU as well.

XP still has the best 2D hardware acceleration, it's sad that MS doesn't care enough.
>>
I have it on my desktop but my desktop is pretty much never connected to the Internet. I have to have it for office and games.

I tried installing elementary on my laptop but the partition fucked up and I ended up wiping windows 10. So, I'm forced to use elementary os now and I actually like it a lot
>>
I hate it just a little.

But I also hate Linux a little. And this made me install Win10 on my memepad too.

So whatever.
>>
>>56092350
i like 10
it definitely has problems, but it's more than adequate
people worried about being tracked are morons if they think every other modern OS isn't using any means possible to do so
at least MS was honest about it
>>
*raises paw*
>>
>>56092383
The fuck? Windows 10 is pandering to mac users and house wives.
How are /v/irgins suppose to not hate it?
>>
>>56092350
i was thinking about getting one of those tablets for school. They any good?
>>
>>56092350
All the people who actually know how to use a computer and aren't /v/irgin idiots.
>>
>>56095807
DX12, Xbox app...
/v/irgins are also the biggest users of W10, just look at the Steam stats.
>>
I like it because im not a technology hipster autist like most of g who hate every popular and useful stuff and love everything irrelevant and shit
>>
>>56092789
>>
Don't hate it dont like it.
>>
File: 1380569716912.gif (2MB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1380569716912.gif
2MB, 500x500px
>>56092350
I tolerate Windows 10!
>>
Best Windows since XP.
>>
It's fine

Unlike 8 it actually doesn't have a retarded dumbed down interface

Looks prettier than 7

Has some decent features
>>
File: happypiggu.jpg (41KB, 322x307px) Image search: [Google]
happypiggu.jpg
41KB, 322x307px
I like it because I truly have nothing to hide :^)
>>
*raises paw*
>>
I don't hate it, but I can't deny it's a barely working piece of shit way more often than I'd like.
>>
>>56092350
I didn't upgrade (puter bought in 2012 not powerful enough) and am thankfully not being badgered about it anymore.
>>
>>56092470
I agree. Seems to be much better performance wise. But too geared towards ignorant consumers
>>
I'm loving it, really sleek user interface, amazing performance compared to Windows 7, really good software for Windows 10 and the best driver support.

I could go on all day, it is the pinnacle of operating systems.
>>
I'm going to install Windows 10 Home on my new pc build and frankly I have nothing to regret about it: I'm a normie, my activities are limited to gaming and doing standard stuff (surfing the net, writing docs, listening to music), I'm not a pedo, I want a stable system that runs every program well, I'm not autistic about font rendering/privacy issues.
>>
>>56092470
>I would be happy if the OS just "operates" the "system".
Yeah, fuck all this extra shit. An OS should be the bare definition of an OS, it should provide an interface between software and hardware, nothing more. We should learn from Linux. No, not GNU/Linux, that's bloated and does too much, we want an OS that just does OS things. We want Linux, nothing more.
>>
I don't hate it, but I don't really understand why it exists or what benefits/features it provides
>>
>>56092350
Quite a few, I'd say. If you actually listened to the loudest voices you'd think everyone here is a diehard Stallmanite loonix user but every single poll has shown that around half the posters here use Windows.
>>
File: Chuwi-Hi12-2-1.jpg (126KB, 2048x1366px) Image search: [Google]
Chuwi-Hi12-2-1.jpg
126KB, 2048x1366px
Bosting from my chink win10 tablet.

Its bretty gud. The spying shit sucks and whatnot but its decent for tablets.
>>
>>56092350
I liked it until a got a new graphics card and it wouldn't install drivers
7 is ok ...I guess
>>
I like everything about it better than Windows 7, except for the privacy shit and the theme, but those are both mostly fixable
>>
>>56095807
>Windows 10 is pandering to mac users
u fucking wot
>>
I don't hate Windows 10, I love it. It's the best version of Windows ever. Better than 7. I love Cortana. Microsoft is truly a brilliant company. I love them.
>>
It's "ok". Constantly having to go back and disable the Spyware is a hassle.

It's a desktop, I don't need to enable location services. I don't need to set up public networks, I don't need to have your shitty store pinned to my desktop.

But it's probably the best windows ever. Minus the spying and user analytic data gathering.
>>
>>56099222
It's not spying anon. They are up front with it. They do tell you they will collect data. And you can't really turn it off. You just think you can turn it off. If you have an enterprise edition you can turn it off. But unless you pirate it or have a MS contract, good luck getting an enterprise edition.
I have other problems with it though like stability and update issues.
>>
What are the best scripts to disable stuff now?

I had to reinstall Windows 10 after the AU update.

But the scripts I used beforehand

https://github.com/10se1ucgo/DisableWinTracking/releases

https://github.com/alirobe/sysadmin-scripts/blob/master/windows10/reclaimWindows10.ps1

Haven't been updated
>>
>>56099122
Thank you for your service, Satya! We have deposited $10 in Microsoft points for you to spend on the Windows Store and Xbox Live. :-)
>>
i don't hate it, but i don't love it. it works fine for what i need
>>
>>56099445
Pleasure doing business.
>>
I like it. Hated 8. I really like the clean install feature. And the delete old operating system feature.
>>
>>56096121
Instead of posting as Anonymous, why don't you use your full name?
Thread posts: 65
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.